sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2023 3:13 pm  #1

Phil Perkins to CP24

Phil tweeted, After nearly 11 years at @CHCHTV I’ll be starting a new chapter in my broadcast career. Love you Hamilton, Halton, Niagara, Norfolk and Brant![color=inherit]Phil Perkins[/color][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/PhilPerkinsCHCH]@PhilPerkinsCHCH·1h Couldn’t be more excited and humbled to join @CP24 as an anchor and reporter. Can’t wait to join this amazing team and get back on the grind that is live breaking news. Let’s get after it!

Last edited by Centerline (March 8, 2023 3:14 pm)

March 8, 2023 8:34 pm  #2

Re: Phil Perkins to CP24

And off to Toronto they go.

I was so bold once in an application to CHCH, either to Katrycz or the new guy, I said I'm looking to work in Hamilton. Not make a pit stop before going to Toronto. But turns out saying that won't even get you an interview.

March 8, 2023 8:39 pm  #3

Also, the social media comments from people he works with. You don't have to acknowledge this online, you can talk to him in real life. But I'm not a self-promoter, so maybe it's just me.

I hate social media, and have none. If a job forced me to get an account, I would, but would let anyone who bothers to look at it know I was forced to get one.

March 11, 2023 4:54 pm  #4

What will he be doing at CP24?  Is he the new George?

March 12, 2023 2:53 pm  #5

His last day at CHCH is Wednesday.

March 13, 2023 7:46 am  #6

I hope CP24 invests in some coaching for him. I have long said his delivery requires some fine tuning.