sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2023 12:35 pm  #1

"Ontario" Became A Jeopardy Category Monday Night. How Would You Do?

I admit I missed two of them, but aced the other three. Your mileage may vary. Worth noting that the contestants had no real clue on most of them, although they managed to get a few right. 

Jeopardy category ‘Worst Case Ontario’ stumps U.S. contestants. How would you do?

January 31, 2023 12:57 pm  #2

Re: "Ontario" Became A Jeopardy Category Monday Night. How Would You Do?

curious as to which two you missed? .. 

January 31, 2023 1:58 pm  #3

I'm ashamed to say the first two. But I admit to being geographically challenged. Always have been for some reason. Can't do math well, either. (In this I think I'm not alone amongst broadcast colleagues!) Languages and writing are more my thing.   

January 31, 2023 2:43 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

I'm ashamed to say the first two. But I admit to being geographically challenged. Always have been for some reason. Can't do math well, either. (In this I think I'm not alone amongst broadcast colleagues!) Languages and writing are more my thing.   

*chuckles* we each have our own challenges : )) .. 

maybe if the questions had a musical twist .. would this have been better?

1) The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down, Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee.  What's the lake?

2) 
Lonely feeling deep inside. Find a corner where I can hide. Silent footsteps crowding me. Sudden darkness but I can see.  The band hails from what province?

January 31, 2023 2:50 pm  #5

Yeah, those would have worked! 

January 31, 2023 3:52 pm  #6

via Richard Southern at City News, City News is pretty good at building community with their audience, I didn't see many if any other radio/tv people talking about this, tho I may have missed them

https://twitter.com/RichardCityNews/status/1620240547029073921?t=_d3W2DFNfXBQVl79x_XZ0w&s=19

My answer would have been "this retired hockey player scored the world's most famous goal and yet is not in the National Hockey League's Hall of Fame."

Last edited by betaylored (January 31, 2023 3:59 pm)

January 31, 2023 5:05 pm  #7

Heard Reshmi and whoever her co-host was today try these Jeopardy questions.  One of the questions was which great lake Thunder Bay was on.  She said 'Lake Ontario?'  'Nuff said.

February 1, 2023 10:53 am  #8

I got all five correct, but the real question is would I have punched my clicker quickly enough to have the opportunity to answer correctly.                                                                                                                                                                  RA: You mentioned that Geography was not exactly your strong suit. I loved the subject. I was once told Geography is the study of Why What is Where. At the other end of the scale, I hated Science. Failed it twice!! in Grade 9 and finally passed it in Summer School. To this day I know virtually nothing about Chemistry, Biology or Physics. To me, the Periodic Table is something I could eat my lunch on.

February 1, 2023 11:01 am  #9

Yeah, most of the so-called STEM subjects were not exactly my strong points. But I got A+s on most of my English essays in high school and did really well in French and Spanish class.

There are exceptions, but I've long believed your brain is naturally good at one set of subjects - like science, math et al - or another - like English and languages. Rarely the twain shall meet and I envy those who can master both. 

It may be why I've always heard PDs give their talent one important direction - never try to do math live on the air. You'll probably just embarrass yourself! 

February 1, 2023 11:10 am  #10

5 for 5 baby!!! 

February 1, 2023 6:31 pm  #11

this could be spun off into a fun radio contest

embarrass the callers! give away money!

bet you could get it sponsored, probably by a betting company