sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2023 11:43 am  #1

RIP USTVGO

This past weekend, I was greeted with a "Sorry, We're Closed" on a blank white screen when I tried to log into the site. Their Discord, Twitter and sister site ustv247.tv have disappeared as well. The site had recently been adding more network affilliates in addition to NYC. Miami was available as well as NBC Detroit and ABC Boston. A total of 102 channels were available including many unavailable to Canadian viewers [ESPN, TBS,TNT, USA, TVLAND etc.] I suspect the site has been on the radar of Disney and the other media comglomerates for some time. I suspect they finally took action. There are similar sites like 123tv.live and 123tvnow.com. However, I have had difficulty getting access to them, even with my VPN.

January 24, 2023 12:51 pm  #2

Re: RIP USTVGO

These pirate sites often have a way of popping back up elsewhere under a brand new name and address, as the cat-and-mouse game with the networks and production companies continues. My guess - something similar will show up somewhere soon. The trick is trying to find it. 

January 24, 2023 1:57 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

These pirate sites often have a way of popping back up elsewhere under a brand new name and address, as the cat-and-mouse game with the networks and production companies continues. My guess - something similar will show up somewhere soon. The trick is trying to find it. 

The "Free" ones keep vanishing and relaunching under a new name of some sort, but the ones that tend to stick around are the IPTV services that collect a monthly fee of some sort.

For as little as 20 bucks a month (possibly less), you can watch USA, Canadian and UK channels with an android box or online or on your mobile smartphone. 
They may be illegal, but they're sticking around and not going anywhere. 
I know this because, while I am a customer of Rogers Ignite TV, I also have an android box and pay monthly for their offerings...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 24, 2023 3:44 pm  #4

I have been getting some off board DMs telling me people are getting pop-ups or trouble accessing the remaining site, http://123tvnow.com/. I admit I don't go to this site very often - if ever - but I have tested it since this happened and I've never had a problem accessing anything.

Why are some people OK and others are not? Any insights into what may be causing this and any solutions for those looking for one?

January 25, 2023 10:05 am  #5

Thank you RA for posting the "123" link. I am one of those who couldn't get it to work. Your link works quite well.