sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2023 9:52 pm  #31

Re: Has Anyone Officially Replaced John Derringer On Q107?

RadioAaron wrote:

Monday

They are announcing this coming Monday or starting this coming Monday?
Any idea who? I have heard Samantha Stevens would be the new full-time morning host but I am not sure now.

January 18, 2023 9:56 pm  #32

She'd be a good pick because circumstance at Q/Corus pretty much guarantees that the host needs to be a woman and an internal hire. But, no.

January 18, 2023 11:14 pm  #33

This is a clue, but not the answer:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnkmvSJI-va/

January 19, 2023 1:48 am  #34

RadioAaron wrote:

Didn't Tucker at one point work for FM96? He would be familiar to a degree of the format. Also if they did move to Q107 then would the Fresh London morning show do energy's morning show also?

January 19, 2023 10:41 am  #35

Toronto Mike is reporting that - while he's not sure if there's a third person also being added - the two original Derringer sidekicks will be back after their long layoff, when the announcement is made on Monday.

John Garbutt and Ryan Parker Return to Mornings on Q107 

January 19, 2023 1:23 pm  #36

RadioAaron wrote:

Hmmm, it all makes sense now...  Maura will be joining Q107 for Maura, John and Ryan in the morning.  I wonder who will replace her as Tucker's co-host?

January 19, 2023 1:38 pm  #37

PwrSurge wrote:

RadioAaron wrote:

Hmmm, it all makes sense now...  Maura will be joining Q107 for Maura, John and Ryan in the morning.  I wonder who will replace her as Tucker's co-host?

Almost there!

January 19, 2023 3:08 pm  #38

So if Tucker and Maura are "splitting" and Maura goes to Q my guess is she takes middays and Joanne Wilder goes to mornings. Then on Energy I could see Jeunesse when she comes back from maternity leave go to mornings. Or she takes her drive show back and Carla I think her name is moves to mornings

January 19, 2023 3:14 pm  #39

Tucker and Maura will still be working together.

January 19, 2023 3:45 pm  #40

RadioAaron wrote:

So 4 people for the new Q107 morning show?  Tucker, Maura, John and Ryan?  That's a pretty tall headcount even for a morning show in this day and age.

Or perhaps, Q107 will syndicate Tucker & Maura for mornings and their Energy 95.3 show would be moved to afternoon drive, same as what they are doing with Fresh 103.1 in London.

Last edited by PwrSurge (January 19, 2023 4:06 pm)

January 19, 2023 4:03 pm  #41

Maura and Tucker - one show (according to Toronto Mike):

https://www.torontomike.com/2023/01/tucker-and-maura-new-edge-102-morning-show/

Ryan and Garbutt (and maybe a third, if you follow some socials) - another show:

https://www.torontomike.com/2023/01/john-garbutt-and-ryan-parker-return-to-mornings-on-q107/

January 19, 2023 6:48 pm  #42

rje1 wrote:

Shawna, Ryan and John ?

There it is.

January 19, 2023 7:17 pm  #43

Wow, did not know that 102.1 The Edge was also involved which makes this a big switcheroo.  I guess they had to maintain John and Ryan at Q to avoid alienating listeners too much but also had to add Shawna as the new female co-host to replace John Derringer. 

102.1 The Edge has been struggling in the ratings for a few years now so it makes sense that they would move Tucker and Maura's morning show over there to try and prop them up, but I'm unsure how well they will perform with a non-CHR format.

I guess the big question now is what happens with mornings at Energy 95.3 (and also PM drive at 103.1 Fresh Radio London)

Last edited by PwrSurge (January 19, 2023 7:19 pm)

January 19, 2023 7:22 pm  #44

PwrSurge wrote:

I guess the big question now is what happens with mornings at Energy 95.3

January 19, 2023 7:43 pm  #45

RadioAaron wrote:

PwrSurge wrote:

I guess the big question now is what happens with mornings at Energy 95.3

No way... Scott & Kat?!?  That is some big switcheroo!  Will they do both Energy and the Beat at the same time, or is something else changing in Kitchener as well?  This brings them back in the GTA radio market at the worst possible time for Z103.5 with Rick the Temp's recent departure.

January 19, 2023 8:10 pm  #46

PwrSurge wrote:

No way... Scott & Kat?!?  That is some big switcheroo!  Will they do both Energy and the Beat at the same time, or is something else changing in Kitchener as well?

I have to assume they stay (on) in Kitchener.

January 19, 2023 8:51 pm  #47

Lot of changes involving morning shows like: Adam Wylde moved to London to do the morning show at Pure Country 93 after Dave and Rachel departed in June of 2022. Rick Campanelli left Z103.5 and now we got changes at the Corus radio stations in Toronto and Hamilton. I wonder how this will improve the ratings for Energy 95.3, 102.1 The Edge, Q107 and Z103.5.

January 19, 2023 9:37 pm  #48

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

Lot of changes involving morning shows like: Adam Wylde moved to London to do the morning show at Pure Country 93 after Dave and Rachel departed in June of 2022. Rick Campanelli left Z103.5 and now we got changes at the Corus radio stations in Toronto and Hamilton. I wonder how this will improve the ratings for Energy 95.3, 102.1 The Edge, Q107 and Z103.5.

It is actually TJ Conners that left the Virgin morning show to go to Pure Country in London

January 19, 2023 9:37 pm  #49

Actually, Adam's former co-host TJ went to Pure Country.

As for 95.3, how about a morning show on the Hamilton station, from Hamilton! Not one host on the station is in Hamilton.

January 19, 2023 9:40 pm  #50

brian451 wrote:

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

It is actually TJ Conners that left the Virgin morning show to go to Pure Country in London

Actually, TJ Conners is on HTZ FM Niagara (ahem, from Winnipeg). TJ O'Halloran is the one on Pure Country.

January 19, 2023 9:41 pm  #51

Brad wrote:

As for 95.3, how about a morning show on the Hamilton station, from Hamilton! Not one host on the station is in Hamilton.

Afternoons are.

January 19, 2023 9:42 pm  #52

brian451 wrote:

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

Sorry my mistake I was tool busy reading that Toronto mike said that Adam Wylde's mom is Marilyn Denis. Which I did not know.

January 19, 2023 9:45 pm  #53

RadioAaron wrote:

Brad wrote:

Afternoons are.

Well I don't know. But you seem to up the all the changes, so I'll take your word for it.

January 19, 2023 9:55 pm  #54

Brad wrote:

RadioAaron wrote:

Brad wrote:

Afternoons are.

Well I don't know. But you seem to up the all the changes, so I'll take your word for it.

It's a terrible market. Out-of-market tuning makes national ad dollars really small relative to the city's size.

January 20, 2023 12:01 pm  #55

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

brian451 wrote:

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

Sorry my mistake I was tool busy reading that Toronto mike said that Adam Wylde's mom is Marilyn Denis. Which I did not know.

I did not know this information either. This coming July 2nd, Marilyn Dennis will start her 38th year as part of the always changing morning drive team at CHUM FM. Only 12 more years to tie Wally.

January 20, 2023 10:20 pm  #56

Andy Burns wrote:

Maura and Tucker - one show (according to Toronto Mike):

https://www.torontomike.com/2023/01/tucker-and-maura-new-edge-102-morning-show/

Ryan and Garbutt (and maybe a third, if you follow some socials) - another show:

https://www.torontomike.com/2023/01/john-garbutt-and-ryan-parker-return-to-mornings-on-q107/

I listened to the excerpt with Humble talking to Maureen and Jacqui about the behaviour of the two sidekicks during and after Derringer's time doing mornings and don't think it could have been easy to find anyone to take over the morning show. After hearing Maureen Holloway's words I hope like hell whoever takes over the show has their own lawyer go over the offered contract.

"What if it was your wife." indeed.

January 22, 2023 10:06 am  #57

RadioAaron wrote:

They took Tucker and Maura off of the Energy 95.3 website. No word on who will be the new morning show host yet. They are still on the Fresh 103.1 website.

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (January 22, 2023 10:11 am)

January 22, 2023 9:58 pm  #58

The B Team are still on the 102.1 Edge website as the morning show. My radio listening tomorrow morning may be interesting. Tucker & Maura announced Friday that it was their last show and anyone listening to them should be able to still listen to them at the station they are moving to. However, they could not say what station that would be. That announcement is to come this week.

January 23, 2023 12:41 pm  #59

And the official answer to the subject question is...

Corus Radio’s Q107, 102.1 the Edge, Energy 95.3 introduce new morning shows

January 24, 2023 11:04 am  #60

RadioActive wrote:

And the official answer to the subject question is...

Corus Radio’s Q107, 102.1 the Edge, Energy 95.3 introduce new morning shows

Sooooo...Scott and Kat are just a repeater of the Kitchener station on 95.3 now?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.