sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2023 10:49 am  #1

Tournament of Roses Parade

For decades, the three U.S. networks televised this annual New Year's Day event in either a 2 hour or 2.5 hour duration depending on how it would College Football Bowl Game coverage. In more recent years, KTLA was place to go for complete before, after and parade coverage. Scanning my Rogers digital guide this morning, there is no parade coverage anywhere. I also checked the TV Passport site for WNBC, WABC and KTLA. No parade coverage. Perhaps it is now a streaming event only on Peacock or Disney+.

January 1, 2023 11:43 am  #2

Re: Tournament of Roses Parade

Don't worry, mace, you haven't missed it! This year's parade is on Monday (Jan. 2nd) at 11 AM. You'll find it on NBC. 

January 1, 2023 5:09 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Don't worry, mace, you haven't missed it! This year's parade is on Monday (Jan. 2nd) at 11 AM. You'll find it on NBC. 

And ABC which is the official broadcaster and KTLA.  The live KTLA coverage is commercial free and is simulcast on two rural themed channels in the US.  The repeat airings all have commercials.  Hallmark Channel used to simulcast the KTLA coverage but doesn't seem to be doing that this year.  I don't think the parade is ever held on a Sunday.  When New Year's Day falls on a Sunday the parade is on the Monday.

January 1, 2023 8:24 pm  #4

A very strict rule NEVER EVER have the parade on a Sunday, since the 18hundreds!! 
This rule remains unchanged when January first falls on a Sunday, the parade will always be on Monday January second.

No Sunday Parade since 1893: https://www.visitpasadena.com/events/rose-parade-guide/

Last edited by Radiowiz (January 1, 2023 8:26 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.