sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2022 9:45 pm  #1

"Don't go anywhere...welcome back to the wheel!"

Wow. I understand the Wheel gameshow is not doing as well in the States as it did in the UK
but so bad that many breaks have no ads??? WOW! Such a shame! I actually like this game show. 
I guess I'm that person that enjoys watching. lol 

Or was there simply an error that missed many breaks? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 29, 2022 9:56 pm  #2

Re: "Don't go anywhere...welcome back to the wheel!"

Dunno, but it was over at about 8:45 and then Law & Order SVU/Organized Crime began right after.  Extended episode, perhaps?

December 29, 2022 10:21 pm  #3

Radio Bob wrote:

Dunno, but it was over at about 8:45 and then Law & Order SVU/Organized Crime began right after.  Extended episode, perhaps?

Something still wasn't right. The host said "We'll reveal the answer to that question...right after this!" then instead of ads, it just instantly went right back to the show with the host saying "and we're back..."

It almost felt like watching commercial free television. Some ads did air, but not all...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 29, 2022 10:25 pm  #4

it's amazing the number of variety/panel shows that are huge hits in the UK but bomb in the US.  Would I lie to you is one, and the other i can think of is Taskmaster.  TM is huge in the UK, and has offshoots in something like 5 other countries, including Kabek.  The CW network booked six episodes and ran exactly one before bailing.

I'm thinking it's not about the format....
BTW it's pretty noticeable that The Wheel US has been dumbed down for the audience, just like The Chase US does.