sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 28, 2022 6:07 pm  #1

Other MIA's

CP 24, Stephanie Smyth, Courtney Heels,  Jackie Crandles and I see Shanellel Kaul has moved on last week.

November 28, 2022 6:42 pm  #2

Re: Other MIA's

I have not been watching CP24 lately since Patricia Jaggernauth left. According to Stephanie Smyth's Twitter she is still at CP24. Courtney Heels is on Mat leave, Jackie Crandles has not been on Twitter since 2020 according to her tweets. I guess we can guess she took some time off and Shanellel Kaul was on Live at Noon according to her latest tweet. I guess something is up at CP24.

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (November 28, 2022 6:42 pm)

November 28, 2022 9:48 pm  #3

Yes, it seems to me that something is up at CP24.  They are likely getting ready for the post Christmas/Bell Let's Talk day purge of staff.  Forcing the staff to use up their vacay days before year's end then they can set them free when the latest purge is carried out.  It is a ruthless business now that the bean counters are in charge and making moves for the sake of the shareholders without regard for quality of the product being offered. 

November 29, 2022 12:58 am  #4

JB866 wrote:

Forcing the staff to use up their vacay days before year's end then they can set them free when the latest purge is carried out.

Funny you should say that. Based on Stephanie Smyth's Instagram, she was in Australia (looks like a vacation) starting about 7-8 weeks ago. That's around the time her Twitter updates stopped. Seems she may have been back in Canada since then, but looks like some vacation time being used for sure.

December 1, 2022 8:23 pm  #5

Tweet         [color=inherit]Shanelle Kaul[/color][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/shanellekaul_]@shanellekaul_  Okay friends, here’s the news you’ve been waiting for… she’s going STATESIDE Thrilled to share that I’m joining @CBSNews as a Staff Correspondent at their headquarters in NEW YORK CITY, BABY! Can’t wait to be besties @GayleKing 

Last edited by Centerline (December 1, 2022 8:46 pm)

December 20, 2022 3:59 pm  #6

As for Stephanie Smyth, she and CP24 have "agreed to mutually part ways", per Kris Pangilinan of blogTO.

https://twitter.com/KrisReports/status/1605267504263208976

December 20, 2022 11:35 pm  #7

The commenters seem to be suggesting that she got the boot due to age, not unlike Lisa LaFlamme.  I guess Bell is only hiring young, hot women for all of their on-air roles.

January 2, 2023 3:42 am  #8

eladb wrote:

As for Stephanie Smyth, she and CP24 have "agreed to mutually part ways", per Kris Pangilinan of blogTO.

https://twitter.com/KrisReports/status/1605267504263208976

I liked Stephanie Smyth. She was always ready for action at the breaking news desk. Shame on Bell Media like of what they did to Lisa.