sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2022 4:18 pm  #1

Did You Watch Canada Play In The W⚽rld Cup?

Seems like it's a heck of a lot of running around with not many goals. We're down 1 nothing as I type this.

Go Canada Go! 🇨🇦 🤞

Last edited by betaylored (November 23, 2022 4:19 pm)

November 23, 2022 6:18 pm  #2

Re: Did You Watch Canada Play In The W⚽rld Cup?

I watched about half of the game today and the last 15 minutes.  Soccer seems to be all passing and not a lot of shooting.  Kind of like watching most Leaf games!  No simsub for the World Cup since CTV and FOX may show different games.  Today both had the Belgium/Canada matchup.  And the commentary on both networks seemed authoritative with hosts that know the game. This helps the North American audience with the finer points of soccer and what is going on.

November 23, 2022 6:33 pm  #3

Canada played really well against a world soccer power.
Just were not able to get a shot away from inside the box

November 23, 2022 8:47 pm  #4

i'll wait till Mr. sports, jm in the am, speaks.....He's an authority on sports

Last edited by peter (November 23, 2022 8:47 pm)

November 23, 2022 11:02 pm  #5

Footie in mouth syndrome: those of us who àre World Cup bandwagon fans and try to talk a good game but our only real knowledge comes from that Monty Python sketch about the "tight ball control in the balcony scene."

Perhaps a couple of nimble radio hosts could give us a crash course on the basics of soccer?

Last edited by betaylored (November 23, 2022 11:03 pm)

November 24, 2022 10:05 am  #6

I watched a bit of the first half and most of the second half. Losing by one goal to a team most expected us to lose to anyway is a good thing. A possible draw against Croatia and hopefully a victory over Morocco, depending on goal differential, might get Canada into the next round. Long shot, but not impossible.

November 24, 2022 8:30 pm  #7

Regarding the opening subject line, "Did You Watch Canada Play In The W⚽rld Cup?" the answer is a lot of people did.

Canada’s FIFA World Cup opener breaks audience records

December 2, 2022 6:38 am  #8

December 14, 2022 7:46 am  #9

RadioActive wrote:

Regarding the opening subject line, "Did You Watch Canada Play In The W⚽rld Cup?" the answer is a lot of people did.     Canada’s FIFA World Cup opener breaks audience records

Marrakesh Express 2:00 p.m. today