sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2022 9:32 am  #1

Federal Government Ending Bell "Let's Talk" Partnership

It probably won't affect the campaign because, as I understand it, there was no real money involved. But it's an interesting development, considering Bell's tendency to stage huge layoffs right after trying to convince the public how concerned they are about people's metal health. Because nothing gives you peace of mind like having your job suddenly taken away. 

Federal Government Ending Bell "Let's Talk" Partnership

November 18, 2022 2:00 pm  #2

Re: Federal Government Ending Bell "Let's Talk" Partnership

Ohe thing I noticed last night, after their 11pm news ended, WGRZ had a continuous Weather/Event Cancellation scroll running across the bottom of the screen which meant the Tonight Show was not simsubbed. WIVB had a similar scroll running during the Y & R. While that soap is not simsubbed, Bold & Beautiful, which follows it is simsubbed. It may not be, today.

November 18, 2022 2:09 pm  #3

OOPS! This was supposed to go to the Buffalo Snow Emergency post. I will be more observant in the future.

November 18, 2022 3:16 pm  #4

Good. But why did Trudeau get involved with this B.S. campaign in the first place? Nobody should be supporting it, or Bell at all. Period. Full stop. End of discussion.

November 18, 2022 3:53 pm  #5

Will Bell carry on this year with "Let's Talk" as if it's just another campaign for mental health or are they doing a major rewrite behind the scenes right now...

Traditionally every winter Twitter has been full of people calling out the corporation for their two-faced "Let's Talk" antics, including badly treated ex-employees.

I think Bell's tone deaf and cheap enough to try to pull off an "encore presentation."

Last edited by betaylored (November 18, 2022 3:53 pm)

November 18, 2022 4:09 pm  #6

For many of the employees who were let go, the name of the program should have been "Let's Talk...To A Labour Lawyer."

November 18, 2022 4:21 pm  #7

November 18, 2022 8:58 pm  #8

The Weed wrote:

Apparently, they have reversed that decision: Federal government will renew partnership with Bell Lets Talk [Update] (mobilesyrup.com)

Now I know who NOT to vote for in the next federal election. F*ck Trudeau, f*ck Bell and f*ck Liberals. And anybody who supports this phoney baloney Bell mental health bullcrap in any way, shape or form can go to bloody hell.

November 21, 2022 12:23 am  #9

THAT’S your main voting issue?

Can we trade lives?