sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2022 11:03 pm  #1

Claude Feig

Listening to CBC Radio right now, and Claude Feig is reading The World This Hour (referred to as "the hourlies" around the CBC).
Is this new or have I just not heard him yet?  It's usually Neil Herland reading the newscast 8pm-4am Sunday-Wednesday.

November 15, 2022 12:16 am  #2

Re: Claude Feig

Until last week, Feig was a regular on AM 640 and one of their better news people. 640's loss would appear to be CBC's gain. 

November 18, 2022 9:18 am  #3

Sounds even better on FM! Still miss him and Dave Trafford on weekend mornings.

November 18, 2022 11:35 am  #4

Shorty Wave wrote:

I thought Trafford did an excellent, well prepared show on weekend mornings .. now that he's been gone a while, we recognize how blinking superb & superior his show was compared to the bulk of the  Newstalk 1010 offerings.

November 21, 2022 10:06 am  #5

g121 wrote:

Shorty Wave wrote:

I thought Trafford did an excellent, well prepared show on weekend mornings .. now that he's been gone a while, we recognize how blinking superb & superior his show was compared to the bulk of the  Newstalk 1010 offerings.

Couldn’t agree more with you g121. Now the only show I listen to on 1010 during the weekends is Jason Agnew’s Sunday Morning Trivia, that’s it. Sad as 1010 was my “go to” radio station on the weekends with a plethora of programming, now it is mostly rehashes of weekday programming, too bad.

November 21, 2022 4:41 pm  #6

I really appreciate hearing Mr. Trafford as one of the roundtable contributors, he's usually on Fridays I think. Never gives the standard slide by response many of the PR people serve up.

Wouldn't it be terrific if Newstalk brings back Dave just on Saturday mornings. I'm not familiar with why he left, was it Dave being tired of the schedule or 1010 wanting a change.

#BringBackDaveTrafford 🤞📻

November 21, 2022 4:49 pm  #7

betaylored wrote:

Wouldn't it be terrific if Newstalk brings back Dave just on Saturday mornings. I'm not familiar with why he left, was it Dave being tired of the schedule or 1010 wanting a change.

Trafford had said he'd been working weekdays as well as the weekends and "something had to give" as he was burning out. You can check out these prior SOWNY threads for more:

https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=7189
https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=7394

Disappointing that Bell didn't put a new live body in that slot (prior weekend morning line-ups were John Donabie, Larry Fedoruk, and The Motts, before Trafford) and went with a simulcast, but business is business I guess.

November 21, 2022 5:06 pm  #8

Simulcasting CP24 costs them nothing at a time when audience numbers are low. That's all Bell cares about. So CP24 it will likely stay for a long time. If the shows that follow on the Saturday weren't paid time, it would probably be CP24 all day.

I know the economics of the industry have changed, but what this company has done to a Canadian heritage station like CFRB is just terrible to see. Or at least hear.

November 21, 2022 8:32 pm  #9

AspectRatio wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Trafford had said he'd been working weekdays as well as the weekends and "something had to give" as he was burning out. You can check out these prior SOWNY threads for more:

https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=7189
https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=7394

Disappointing that Bell didn't put a new live body in that slot (prior weekend morning line-ups were John Donabie, Larry Fedoruk, and The Motts, before Trafford) and went with a simulcast, but business is business I guess.

thanks AspectRatio.

What about giving Jason Agnew Saturday mornings too? I've been listening to him on the roundtable, he's good company.

Last edited by betaylored (November 21, 2022 8:32 pm)