sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2022 8:08 pm  #1

World Series Rainout Forces TV, Radio Schedule Scramble

Mother Nature washed out the game with rain on Monday, interrupting the Fox Network coverage of the World Series. They substituted some old reruns in the time slot, which is likely not going to help their already difficult bottom line.

I'm curious - what did Sportsnet, which was scheduled to simulcast Game 3, do with their suddenly available three hours of dead air? 

The Fan590 subbed with a CBS Radio Sports feed, since no one was supposed to be working locally that night. 

October 31, 2022 8:35 pm  #2

Re: World Series Rainout Forces TV, Radio Schedule Scramble

Sportsnet has the Raptors and Atlanta Hawks game on.  It was only scheduled to run on SN1 but it is on all of their channels now except for SN360 that has WWE Monday Night RAW.  Makes you appreciate the Rogers Centre where there is never a rain delay or cancellation because of weather. 

October 31, 2022 9:57 pm  #3

I don't think Sportsnet simulcasts the World Series.  They carry the international feed, while Fox carries it in the United States.
That means two separate shows.

October 31, 2022 10:55 pm  #4

Interesting over on TSN that they are running both the regular Monday Night Football and the Manning brothers commentary version on TSN3.  Country star Brad Paisley is joining the boys for a bit tonight.  Paisley said he occasionally goes to William Shatner's house to go watch football.  Apparently Shatner invites an varied mix of people often on a Monday and has a big buffet for everyone while they watch the game.   I am not a big football fan but this is entertaining.  

November 1, 2022 10:14 pm  #5

Ale Ont wrote:

I don't think Sportsnet simulcasts the World Series.  They carry the international feed, while Fox carries it in the United States.
That means two separate shows.

Yes nice to see the different coverage on Sportsnet and Fox.  Both are excellent.  

November 1, 2022 10:26 pm  #6

the baseball season should be long over. 

November 2, 2022 6:59 am  #7

cash wrote:

the baseball season should be long over. 

I agree. However, extended playoffs keep fans interested in either purchasing tickets or watching on television at home or in bars. The same could be said for the NHL  and NBA. We now have a summer sport ending in November two winter sports ending in summer. As usual, it's all about the $$$.