sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2022 9:06 am  #1

"John Derringer Moment" Hits A U.S. Radio Station

They call Missouri the "Show Me" state. In this case, it may be more like the "Show Me The Door" state. 

In an incident that seems reminiscent of the Q107 John Derringer abuse story, the male host of an FM morning show in St. Louis went off on his female co-host Friday after she criticized him on air. His public response was bad enough, but what happened when the mics were off was simply unforgiveable. 

The guy, Vic Faust, went into a profanity-laced tirade, calling his co-host every name in the book. And someone recorded the whole thing and released it, so it's now forever preserved on the Internet. 

Faust is also the lead news anchor on one of the city's TV stations. He wasn't on either show Monday and there are now serious questions about his future. 

His female counterpart has quit over the incident and the station's morning show began the week with nothing but music. 

It's similar to the Derringer story, although we don't know how long this broken relationship has been going on. But there is one big difference - this idiot may just have talked himself out of not one but two different high-profile broadcasting jobs. There's no word yet, though, on his immediate future. 

If his name seems familiar to some SOWNY members in the Windsor area, it's because he used to be the news anchor for Detroit affiliate WXYZ-TV, before he left for his new - and now possibly last - job in 2015. 

You can hear the confrontation here

September 20, 2022 9:50 am  #2

Re: "John Derringer Moment" Hits A U.S. Radio Station

No excuses for being a pure asshole but this guy was hosting a morning radio show AND doing 2 nightly TV newscasts? If that was my steady Mon to Fri gig for years it would seriously mess up my family life and mental health, I would have snapped by now for sure.

September 20, 2022 10:19 am  #3

The clip I heard, sounded like it  was a typical long winded indulgent morning show.  Hard to believe this tool was also a news anchor.  Doesn't help your news credibility when you are hosting what seems like a guys mojo radio morning show. 

Last edited by paterson1 (September 20, 2022 10:20 am)

September 20, 2022 12:53 pm  #4

Well, that was depressing.

September 22, 2022 9:20 am  #5

To no one's surprise, the jerk at work has been officially fired by both stations. Losing two high profile jobs in one day. Not sure if that's a broadcasting record, but it's certainly close.  

Fox 2 anchor Vic Faust fired from TV station after tirade

September 22, 2022 10:16 am  #6

What hasn't come out yet in this story. Was this incident a one off or, like Derringer, been happening for a long period of time.

September 22, 2022 10:48 am  #7

mace wrote:

What hasn't come out yet in this story. Was this incident a one off or, like Derringer, been happening for a long period of time.

I'd bet my entire life savings it was NOT a one-off .. 

September 22, 2022 10:50 am  #8

g121 wrote:

mace wrote:

I'd bet my entire life savings it was NOT a one-off .. 

I  would tend to agree.