sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2022 8:14 am  #1

Michael Coren Returns To 1010 - But Just For One Day

He's been on and off CFRB for years as a host and a guest, with controversy following many of his appearances and shows. 

But now the station has announced Michael Coren will be making yet another return to 1010's airwaves, this time as a guest commentator for the Queen's funeral on Monday. John Moore explained Thursday that Coren will be used as an expert, both as a former Brit and a currently ordained Anglican minister, to talk about the rituals surrounding the final farewell. 

Coren, as many here know, has quite a history on Toronto radio, appearing on shows over both RB and AM 640 over the years. He began as an arch-conservative with a decidedly anti-gay agenda, only to seemingly have a sudden conversion and switched his beliefs and his politics in the exact opposite direction.

He also made his presence known over the years through occasional newspaper columns, although he hasn't been as prominent since he became a priest. Outside of a book launch a few years ago, I can't recall hearing him on our airwaves since. 

September 15, 2022 9:49 am  #2

Re: Michael Coren Returns To 1010 - But Just For One Day

Auto Depot!

September 15, 2022 10:04 am  #3

He didn't just invoke the Lord while shilling for a shady car business, he pimped out his family for it as well. His radio career was defined by punching down and making weak minds weaker. He caused real harm.

September 15, 2022 12:38 pm  #4

And don't forget his stint on defunct far right TV Sun News network that morphed into Internet Rebel Media.  He had no problems supporting their revolting viewpoints.  But to be fair Coren is an Anglican minister (priest is actually an incorrect term for Anglican clerics.)  So references to rampant pedophilia are not warranted.
All that aside I still do not believe his current moderate left-leaning Christianity.  I'm waiting for him to shed that guise any day. 

September 15, 2022 12:44 pm  #5

Sorry I stand corrected.  Anglicans can be called priests.  But as an Anglican I grew up referring to ministers, or reverends.