sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2022 6:54 am  #1

New Buffalo Bills Radio Affiliate Is In - Wyoming?

The Buffalo Bills new quarterback became a star in Wyoming, so I suppose it makes sense for a radio station there to carry every single game the Western New York team plays this season.

I know the Jays go nationwide here, but that can be explained because they're considered "Canada's Team," the only major league baseball representative north of the border. 

It's far less usual for a station 1,500 miles away from where they play to pick up an NFL team's broadcast. I can't quite recall hearing anything like that happening before. Another radio oddity. With the Bills highly touted this season, I'd be curious to see how well the games do in the ratings down there.

Closer to home, the Bills can be heard here on WGR-AM, the flagship station.

'Bills Country'…in Wyoming? It's a 'no brainer for KGAB

September 9, 2022 7:19 am  #2

Re: New Buffalo Bills Radio Affiliate Is In - Wyoming?

Oh, give me a home where the Buffalo roam.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

September 9, 2022 7:38 am  #3

I once moved into my large oven. 

I was Home on the Range....

September 9, 2022 2:06 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

I once moved into my large oven. 

I was Home on the Range....

September 12, 2022 6:00 am  #5

RadioActive wrote:

The Buffalo Bills new quarterback became a star in Wyoming, so I suppose it makes sense for a radio station there to carry every single game the Western New York team plays this season.

I know the Jays go nationwide here, but that can be explained because they're considered "Canada's Team," the only major league baseball representative north of the border. 

It's far less usual for a station 1,500 miles away from where they play to pick up an NFL team's broadcast. I can't quite recall hearing anything like that happening before. Another radio oddity. With the Bills highly touted this season, I'd be curious to see how well the games do in the ratings down there.

Closer to home, the Bills can be heard here on WGR-AM, the flagship station.

'Bills Country'…in Wyoming? It's a 'no brainer for KGAB

Bills QB Josh Allen went to the University of Wyoming. The CBS affilliates in Wyoming usually carry Bills games.