sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2022 11:50 am  #1

CBC Previews TV, Radio & Gem Fall Schedule

Outside of the special on the Canada-Russia summit series, I don't see a lot here that tempts me, but your mileage may differ. 

Say Hello to Fall with CBC

September 7, 2022 12:40 pm  #2

Re: CBC Previews TV, Radio & Gem Fall Schedule

It's good to see Dragon's Den coming back (Thursday September 15th, 8pm)
Where is Family Feud Canada?
Has that been cancelled?  
I see Game TV Canada (no relation to Game Show Network USA)  
is now carrying older episodes of Family Feud Canada.  
I doubt new episodes were moved to that channel though...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 7, 2022 12:44 pm  #3

Not sure why they didn't list it, but FFC is alive and well and will debut on CBC on Sept. 12th, with a special series of "celebrity" shows. 

Heartland, Baking Show, Strays and Dragons' Den kick off Family Feud Canada Season 4

September 7, 2022 1:26 pm  #4

I agree with RadioActive. Nothing for us there.  I've struck out with trying to stream from GEM.  In our household there's a 3-strikes and you're out rule.  When we've tried to stream,  shows crash, commercials are repetitive and it just doesn't work like other - well thought out streaming services.   So we've moved on to other streaming services with a variety of international programs, which have good user interfaces.  I honestly cannot recall the last time we watched CBC OTA TV or PVR'd something on CBC.  It has all become irrelevant to us....in an age of so many high quality choices - that we are prepared to pay for.

September 7, 2022 7:32 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

Outside of the special on the Canada-Russia summit series, I don't see a lot here that tempts me, but your mileage may differ. 

Say Hello to Fall with CBC
My mileage doesn't differ. Other than the Summit 72 series, I will stick with the always reliable Corrie Street, Marketplace and HNIC.

September 7, 2022 11:49 pm  #6

tvguy wrote:

I agree with RadioActive. Nothing for us there.  I've struck out with trying to stream from GEM.  In our household there's a 3-strikes and you're out rule.  When we've tried to stream,  shows crash, commercials are repetitive and it just doesn't work like other - well thought out streaming services.   So we've moved on to other streaming services with a variety of international programs, which have good user interfaces.  I honestly cannot recall the last time we watched CBC OTA TV or PVR'd something on CBC.  It has all become irrelevant to us....in an age of so many high quality choices - that we are prepared to pay for.

That's interesting.  I can't get the CTV or CTV News app to work on several devices.  CBC Gem has never failed me.