sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2022 7:08 pm  #1


Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

A familiar face will go from reporting news to making it, if she's elected this October. 

Broadcaster Ann Rohmer among those who filed paperwork to run for Toronto councillor on registration deadline

 

August 19, 2022 8:49 pm  #2


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Thanks for this RA, it's encouraging news, I always enjoyed Anne's on-air work way back when, also seem to remember she's a passionate advocate for the welfare of cats and dogs and other animals.

Sidebar: has Lisa LaFlamme ever expressed interest in getting into politics? there's definitely a tradition of excellent journalists running for office....

Last edited by betaylored (August 19, 2022 8:52 pm)

 

August 19, 2022 9:35 pm  #3


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

betaylored wrote:

Sidebar: has Lisa LaFlamme ever expressed interest in getting into politics? there's definitely a tradition of excellent journalists running for office....

I think Ms. LaFlamme would be a excellent candidate to fill the upcoming vacancy of C.R.T.C. Chair.
 

 

August 20, 2022 7:16 am  #4


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Glad to hear Ann Rohmer is running for councillor.  I hope she gets it!

 

August 20, 2022 1:36 pm  #5


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Glen Warren wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Sidebar: has Lisa LaFlamme ever expressed interest in getting into politics? there's definitely a tradition of excellent journalists running for office....

I think Ms. LaFlamme would be a excellent candidate to fill the upcoming vacancy of C.R.T.C. Chair.
 

If only she'd colour her hair. 
Some tattoos and facial piercings might help too.
 


You don't have to be a good sport to be a mad one.
 

August 28, 2022 5:11 pm  #6


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

She has withdrawn from the campaign;  citing "unforeseen family issues".

Ann Rohmer discontinues Toronto city councillor campaign | CTV News

Last edited by Media Observer (August 28, 2022 5:11 pm)

 

August 28, 2022 5:19 pm  #7


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

She'll still be on the ballot as the last day to withdraw your name was August 19th. I was a bit surprised by her candidacy since when she retired she said she was moving to Collingwood. 

Last edited by Hansa (August 28, 2022 8:23 pm)

 

August 29, 2022 2:47 pm  #8


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Speaking of Toronto city counselors, or former at least, Giorgio Mammolitti is running for mayor of Wasaga Beach. Judging by the number of signs I am seeing, he seems to have some support . 

Last edited by mic'em (August 29, 2022 2:47 pm)

 

August 29, 2022 3:26 pm  #9


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

mic'em wrote:

Speaking of Toronto city counselors, or former at least, Giorgio Mammolitti is running for mayor of Wasaga Beach. Judging by the number of signs I am seeing, he seems to have some support . 

Not only that but Giorgio's son Christopher is also running for councillor in Ward 7, Humber River-Black Creek. So there could conceivably be another Mammolitti running around at City Hall. Batten down the hatches!

If his dad wins in Wasaga Beach, we may yet see the world's biggest flagpole...

The Top 5 Giorgio Mammolitti Controversies

     Thread Starter
 

August 30, 2022 10:52 am  #10


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Giorgio has been holding " town hall " type meet and greets for the past year or so, and doing social media posts critical of the current , and likely outgoing administration. I recall his appearances on 640 with Oakley and others. He seemed a character for sure. I don't vote in Wasaga but it will be interesting to see where it goes. 

 

August 30, 2022 11:03 am  #11


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Affectionally known as Giorgio "Mr. Absent" Mammoliti .. 

"Giorgio Mammoliti tops list of missed votes at Toronto city council"
Councillor for Ward 7 York West was absent for 48.7 per cent of 1,048 votes taken in the chamber in 2018. 
https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2018/09/04/giorgio-mammoliti-tops-list-of-missed-votes-at-toronto-city-council.html

 

Last edited by g121 (August 30, 2022 11:03 am)

 

August 30, 2022 5:21 pm  #12


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

I'm expecting his competitors in the Wasaga mayoral race to bring up his record in Toronto as the election campaign progresses.

 

October 25, 2022 7:10 am  #13


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

mic'em wrote:

    He seemed a character for sure. I don't vote in Wasaga but it will be interesting to see where it goes. 

Good voter turnout in Wasaga yesterday; however, it seems that many were Oakley listeners because despite town hall meetings, social media and lots of signs, not enough votes for Giorgie O.      


 

 

October 25, 2022 7:23 am  #14


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Ms. C. wrote:

mic'em wrote:

    He seemed a character for sure. I don't vote in Wasaga but it will be interesting to see where it goes. 

Good voter turnout in Wasaga yesterday; however, it seems that many were Oakley listeners because despite town hall meetings, social media and lots of signs, not enough votes for Giorgie O.      


 

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
 


RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

 
 

October 25, 2022 8:32 am  #15


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Ms. C. wrote:

mic'em wrote:

    He seemed a character for sure. I don't vote in Wasaga but it will be interesting to see where it goes. 

Good voter turnout in Wasaga yesterday; however, it seems that many were Oakley listeners because despite town hall meetings, social media and lots of signs, not enough votes for Giorgie O.

Oh no! Does this mean Wasaga won't be home to the world's largest flagpole? The shame! His son, Christopher, also lost his bid to gain his dad's old seat in Ward 7.

     Thread Starter
 

October 25, 2022 8:38 am  #16


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Giorgio ended up in third place. 

 

October 26, 2022 8:38 am  #17


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

mic'em wrote:

Giorgio ended up in third place. 

The election was STOLEN
 

 

October 26, 2022 8:51 am  #18


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Ms. C. wrote:

mic'em wrote:

Giorgio ended up in third place. 

The election was STOLEN
 

A court supervised recount would be in order,,,

 

October 26, 2022 2:18 pm  #19


Re: Ann Rohmer Files Last Minute To Run For Toronto City Council

Kill me now.