sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2016 4:03 pm  #1

CHCH is bringing weekend news back...

but not until October 29th....

-----------------------

http://www.chch.com/weekend-news-returns-chch/Weekend News Returns to CHCHPosted: September 7, 2016 03:24:13 PM

Category: Haldimand/Norfolk, Halton, Hamilton, Niagara Tags: 

Beginning October 29th weekend newscasts will return to CHCH.  The live 30-minute broadcasts will air at 6 & 11 pm, Saturdays and Sundays.

CHCH News Vice-President Mike Katrycz told staff “We’ve heard loudly from our viewers and advertisers that they want their weekend news back, and we’re delighted to now be able to inform and reflect the great communities we serve, seven days a week”.

“We are grateful for the viewer feedback, because it demonstrates the high expectations they have of us,” said Chris Fuoco, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Channel Zero. “We listened to our viewers when they told us they wanted Morning Live to start an hour earlier at 6am, and we continue to listen to feedback to better serve our community every weekday – and soon every weekend too.”

CHCH is the news leader for the Hamilton, Halton and Niagara regions and has the highest rated local news programs in each of the morning, early evening and late evening timeslots. With the return of weekend news broadcasts CHCH will produce more than 24 hours of original local news programming every week.

Last edited by Glen Warren (September 9, 2016 4:05 pm)

September 9, 2016 5:16 pm  #2

Re: CHCH is bringing weekend news back...

CITY learned from this mistake a few years ago....   I just hope it's not too late for CHCH...  I still think CITY lost viewers they will never get back from some of their poor decisions. 

September 9, 2016 6:17 pm  #3

radiokid wrote:

CITY learned from this mistake a few years ago....   I just hope it's not too late for CHCH...  I still think CITY lost viewers they will never get back from some of their poor decisions. 

Toronto has 3 main choices for local news. Hamilton and area has only CHCH, so the viewers will come back a lot easier, welcoming CHCH with open arms. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 22, 2016 6:32 pm  #4

Tonight CHCH tweeted that Nicole Martin will be the weekend anchor. I knew it. They have had her filling in, co-anchoring on the morning and evening news whenever they could for the last few months.

I find her annoying. She always talks louder than her co-anchor. And her eyes are always bulging every few words. But it's only a half-hour, so she'll be on screen for maybe 10 minutes.

Kate Carnegie was the weekend anchor before the bankruptcy. I didn't prefer her either, but I got used to her. She's still at CHCH, so I wonder how she feels, not getting that role back.

October 29, 2016 8:40 pm  #5

I watched tonight, and thought it was produced by the local cable channel.
They have lost a  lot of ground from the days of Dan McLean and Connie Smith

October 29, 2016 10:52 pm  #6

Centerline wrote:

I watched tonight, and thought it was produced by the local cable channel.
They have lost a  lot of ground from the days of Dan McLean and Connie Smith

CRTC only said news has to be done. Never said a word about quality. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 30, 2016 10:22 am  #7

Centerline wrote:

...They have lost a  lot of ground from the days of Dan McLean and Connie Smith

Both Connie and Dan were victims of Canwest manglement practices.