sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2022 9:57 pm  #1

Never Mind Wordle. Have You Tried 60s & 70s "Heardle?"

By now you've probably heard about Wordle, a word game that was for a time all the rage on the Internet. 

Now there's an audio version, called "Heardle," but instead of trying to guess the right hidden word, you have to guess the song. The normal version of Heardle has tunes from pretty much the modern era, but those who are more into oldies might prefer the alternate games called "Heardle 60s" and "Heardle 70s."

Essentially, the game is a lot like Name That Tune, except instead of playing an unknown version of a famous song, it plays the actual hit in very small one or two second pieces - and then you get five guesses to come up with the right title and artist, getting a longer bit of the tune every time you miss it, before it tells you how badly misguided you were and plays the solution.

Like its word counterpart, you can only play once a day, with a new Heardle being available every 24 hours. 

It's a fun challenge if you're into that kind of thing - and it's free. 

Heardle 60s

Heardle 70s

August 11, 2022 1:39 am  #2

Re: Never Mind Wordle. Have You Tried 60s & 70s "Heardle?"

Click Skip to hear more of a song...but it counts as one of your guesses! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 11, 2022 3:50 am  #3

Occasionally you'll get a message telling you that the song isn't available in your region (Thursday's 70s Heardle was like this).

Last edited by RonaldS (August 11, 2022 3:51 am)

August 14, 2022 8:27 am  #4

Thanks for sharing RadioActive, will be checking it out daily!

August 14, 2022 8:40 am  #5

RonaldS wrote:

Occasionally you'll get a message telling you that the song isn't available in your region (Thursday's 70s Heardle was like this).

Both of Sunday's entries were off limits, as well. Not sure why they make a puzzle that you're not allowed to solve with a fairly common song you can stream elsewhere, but I've found that switching your VPN (if you have one) helps. Neither of Sunday's entries worked on either Canada of the U.S., but I was able to hear them by setting mine to the U.K.

(These were fairly easy, and I guessed both right on the first try.)

August 14, 2022 9:07 am  #6

RadioActive wrote:..  
Now there's an audio version, called "Heardle," but instead of trying to guess the right hidden word, you have to guess the song. The normal version of Heardle has tunes from pretty much the modern era, but those who are more into oldies might prefer the alternate games called "Heardle 60s" and Heardle 70s."
Heardle 60s
Heardle 70s
I stopped playing the original Heardle  [ https://www.heardle.app/ ] 'cause i sucked so bad at it .. 

but these more specific era Heardle versions are worth a shot :  ))  ..
Heardle '80s Number 1's #54
🔊🟩⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
#Heardle80s #Number1s #Heardle @heardle80s
https://80s.heardledecades.com

& they didn't even spell the song correctly !! : )) .. 

August 14, 2022 5:40 pm  #7

Heardle looks like a lot of fun, definitely going to try this, thanks.

Hope it'll be easier than Wordle!

Last edited by betaylored (August 14, 2022 5:44 pm)

August 15, 2022 7:21 am  #8

I tried the 70's version this morning, First clue Elton John singing "She packed my bags" Obviously Rocket Man. Not according to them. Big Red X for my answer. My first reaction This is f*cked up. Don't think I will play again. It worked fine with the VPN off.

August 15, 2022 7:33 am  #9

mace wrote:

I tried the 70's version this morning, First clue Elton John singing "She packed my bags" Obviously Rocket Man. Not according to them. Big Red X for my answer. My first reaction This is f*cked up. Don't think I will play again. It worked fine with the VPN off.

today's https://70s.heardledecades.com worked fine for me .. 

August 15, 2022 7:50 am  #10

There's a trick to this and it's not immediately obvious. When you start to type in your answer, a list of possible choices appears above it. For whatever reason, the program is looking for your answer to be phrased in a certain way, with the name of the song, a hyphen and the artist. So even if you enter the right answer, if you don't use caps in the right place or that hyphen, it will tell you you're wrong. 

The best thing to do is click on the answer in the suggestion boxes above and then hit submit. If your guess is right, it will tell you every time. 

They should probably fix this, but it seems to be a quirk of the program. 

August 15, 2022 8:10 am  #11

RadioActive wrote:

There's a trick to this and it's not immediately obvious. When you start to type in your answer, a list of possible choices appears above it. For whatever reason, the program is looking for your answer to be phrased in a certain way, with the name of the song, a hyphen and the artist. So even if you enter the right answer, if you don't use caps in the right place or that hyphen, it will tell you you're wrong. 

The best thing to do is click on the answer in the suggestion boxes above and then hit submit. If your guess is right, it will tell you every time. 

They should probably fix this, but it seems to be a quirk of the program. 

Good advice RA. I've been doing that and have had good luck. I do the 60s, 70s, and 80s #1 daily. Today I'm proud to say I got all 3 on the first clue.😎 I must admit they were very easy today. 🎼🎸🎹🥁🎶

August 15, 2022 6:59 pm  #12

g121 wrote:

mace wrote:

today's https://70s.heardledecades.com worked fine for me .. 

Tried it again. Nope. Still a big red X for Rocket Man.

August 15, 2022 7:16 pm  #13

Did you try clicking on the Rocket Man choice in the titles above the box where you type in your answer? Do it and hit submit  It should work for you then.

August 17, 2022 12:38 pm  #14

There are also versions of the game for specific single artists, groups/bands, even K and J-Pop.