sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2022 9:39 am  #1

Is It Friday or Saturday???

Decided to take down my original post.  Sorry for my mistake and the confusion. 

Last edited by paterson1 (August 5, 2022 10:56 am)

August 5, 2022 9:45 am  #2

Re: Is It Friday or Saturday???

Uh, you may want to check your calendar .    This is  Friday August 5. 

Last edited by mic'em (August 5, 2022 9:50 am)

August 5, 2022 9:51 am  #3

Their website shows it's still 9am Saturdays.

To be honest, I'm shocked they are still running music on AM there.    They must be getting enough sales and listeners to keep it going, but It has to be getting harder and harder.   No hosts really tells the tail that they are just keeping the transmitter warm, but music costs money to do.   As long as they are not losing money, they will keep it going I guess. 

August 5, 2022 9:57 am  #4

mic'em wrote:

Hahaha..you know I was going to try and save face and take down the comment.  What the hell, I screwed up.. long holiday weekends still mess me up for some reason.  Sorry people, and Roger.....  Thank God I am still not on the air..I would have really messed people up. ..Please disregard my post..

August 5, 2022 9:59 am  #5

radiokid wrote:

To be honest, I'm shocked they are still running music on AM there.    They must be getting enough sales and listeners to keep it going, but It has to be getting harder and harder.   No hosts really tells the tail that they are just keeping the transmitter warm, but music costs money to do.   As long as they are not losing money, they will keep it going I guess. 

Music is a lot cheaper to run. Period. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 5, 2022 10:09 am  #6

Radiowiz wrote:

radiokid wrote:

Not sure Bell would agree...  Their "Funny" stations and tv audio stations actually cost way less to operative due to not having to pay rights for music.  Unless things have changed, their comedy for Funny was a buyout package to my knowledge.     Socan fees are not cheap as they use to be in 2022, and the payoff is not as large on AM to play music. Audience only gets older, not younger.  Plus you have to pay staff to load, program, etc. etc.     Should sales drop, I can see them putting a Funny on CKWW.   At that point ratings don't matter.   As it stands today, sales must be high enough with listener numbers to justify paying socan their fees, and still make profits. 

Last edited by radiokid (August 5, 2022 10:15 am)

August 5, 2022 10:24 am  #7

radiokid wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

radiokid wrote:

Not sure Bell would agree...  Their "Funny" stations and tv audio stations actually cost way less to operative due to not having to pay rights for music.  Unless things have changed, their comedy for Funny was a buyout package to my knowledge.     Socan fees are not cheap as they use to be in 2022, and the payoff is not as large on AM to play music. Audience only gets older, not younger.  Plus you have to pay staff to load, program, etc. etc.     Should sales drop, I can see them putting a Funny on CKWW.   At that point ratings don't matter.   As it stands today, sales must be high enough with listener numbers to justify paying socan their fees, and still make profits. 

There is a thread regarding Funny 820 here:  https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=8180  
So, comedy radio has it's complications also...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 5, 2022 12:46 pm  #8

paterson1 wrote:

mic'em wrote:

Hahaha..you know I was going to try and save face and take down the comment.  What the hell, I screwed up.. long holiday weekends still mess me up for some reason.  Sorry people, and Roger.....  Thank God I am still not on the air..I would have really messed people up. ..Please disregard my post..

Actually, I think that there's something very positive here. Earlier this week, there was a post from RA where he was thinking it was Sunday rather than Monday, which was also because of the holiday. So what this shows is that despite all your differences, you can at least agree on what day of the week it is. 

August 5, 2022 1:03 pm  #9

Yup, the same thing tends to happen to me every time there's a holiday Monday. It always feels like Sunday which makes Tuesday into Monday and on it goes. So technically, for me, tomorrow is Sunday! (Actually, the brain usually goes back to normal by Tuesday, but that's assuming my brain EVER goes back to normal!)

Don't ask me what day it is, but I CAN tell you the answer to the riddle of which two Beatles songs you can name by simply changing a single word in the title. That's the way the Medulla Oblongata up there works. Or doesn't work, as the case may be.  

August 5, 2022 1:23 pm  #10

RadioActive wrote:

Yup, the same thing tends to happen to me every time there's a holiday Monday. It always feels like Sunday which makes Tuesday into Monday and on it goes. So technically, for me, tomorrow is Sunday! (Actually, the brain usually goes back to normal by Tuesday, but that's assuming my brain EVER goes back to normal!)

Don't ask me what day it is, but I CAN tell you the answer to the riddle of which two Beatles songs you can name by simply changing a single word in the title. That's the way the Medulla Oblongata up there works. Or doesn't work, as the case may be.  

Hey RA, that's quite a good riddle. Might be a good pairing for that other RA to play on his oldies show. 

August 5, 2022 1:37 pm  #11

RadioActive wrote:

Not knowing what day it is .... tsk tsk.   I think those are "week" excuses RA

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

August 5, 2022 2:10 pm  #12

Yes, I'm in a "days."

August 5, 2022 2:41 pm  #13

RadioActive wrote:

Yes, I'm in a "days."

" Like sands through the hourglass...  these are the daze of out lives"...    (well i tried....).....

August 8, 2022 3:31 pm  #14

RadioActive wrote:

I completely forgot not only which day it is, but to provide the answer to this riddle. So for those who were wondering, here it is.

August 8, 2022 5:02 pm  #15

Radiowiz wrote:

radiokid wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

There is a thread regarding Funny 820 here:  https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=8180  
So, comedy radio has it's complications also...

But not here, at least yet. Music isn't always cheaper.

August 8, 2022 5:40 pm  #16

RadioActive wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

I completely forgot not only which day it is, but to provide the answer to this riddle. So for those who were wondering, here it is.

My "Hey RA" response was an allusion to this working with Hey Jude and Hey Bulldog. So there are actually two pairs of Beatles songs that are answers to this riddle.

August 8, 2022 7:12 pm  #17

Hadn't thought of those! Amazing that there would be two.