sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2022 1:05 am  #2

Re: Bell unveils new Fibe TV update

One thing missing from Ignite TV (Rogers) is the ability to see the current program in the top right corner while scrolling through the on screen TV guide. (Legacy cable does this)
If Bell has managed to provide this feature, they might steal a lot of Ignite customers.
(& Legacy that don't want to lose that feature)

Rogers ignite just goes to a full guide screen while audio of the current program airs. I find that to be annoying.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 27, 2022 7:21 am  #3

Radiowiz wrote:

One thing missing from Ignite TV (Rogers) is the ability to see the current program in the top right corner while scrolling through the on screen TV guide. (Legacy cable does this)
If Bell has managed to provide this feature, they might steal a lot of Ignite customers.
(& Legacy that don't want to lose that feature)

Rogers ignite just goes to a full guide screen while audio of the current program airs. I find that to be annoying.

Just another reason not to go to Ignite, when my Legacy cable shuts down permanently.

July 27, 2022 12:38 pm  #4

mace wrote:

Just another reason not to go to Ignite, when my Legacy cable shuts down permanently.

It doesn't say if it's still stuck on 720p or if they've finally upgraded to 1080p.

July 27, 2022 2:30 pm  #5

Radiowiz wrote:

It doesn't say if it's still stuck on 720p or if they've finally upgraded to 1080p.

mute point as many broadcasters are using 1080i (still) or 720p and virtually none originate in 1080p

July 27, 2022 3:51 pm  #6

The backend platform that this runs on has been left behind by almost everyone else.. except Bell.

July 27, 2022 11:03 pm  #7

In Phase wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

mute point as many broadcasters are using 1080i (still) or 720p and virtually none originate in 1080p

Moot.

July 28, 2022 7:47 am  #8

Tomas Barlow wrote:

In Phase wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Moot.

I stand corrected.  My mute is moot  

July 28, 2022 9:17 pm  #9

Okay, but it still boils down to one big question: Will the new Bell Fibe allow one to see the current TV program in the top right corner? Or is it also just another full screen TV guide with only audio of the program?