sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2022 9:43 pm  #1

Whose Music is the Worst. ♪♪ ♪♪

"Call volume is heavier than usual. Your call is important to us. Please remain on hold for the next 45 minutes."

Then they switch to this gawdawful music.

Having endured that twice today my nomination goes tp PC Financial. Just the same twiddle twiddle plonk over and over again.

Last edited by turkeytop (July 19, 2022 10:33 pm)

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

July 19, 2022 10:07 pm  #2

Re: Whose Music is the Worst. ♪♪ ♪♪

Audible and Amazon Prime are the worst I've experienced. It's the same couple of bars of a Chopin piano piece over and over and over and over again.

Pretty sure companies choose crap music to discourage people from staying on hold. Voice actor "Your call is not important to us, but by all means please yourself and wait until someone who works for nominal wages in a customer service hive halfway around the world can assist you."

Last edited by betaylored (July 19, 2022 10:09 pm)

July 19, 2022 10:18 pm  #3

Easy. Rogers wins this by a landslide. You haven’t lived till you spent two hours on hold listening to shut up and dance, on a fiddle, played through a VOIP codec.

https://youtu.be/5F4fmRIBQP4

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

July 19, 2022 10:23 pm  #4

I was on hold with the CRA this morning and believe me, their endless repeated hold music was taxing! Only appropriate I guess. 

And by the way, about those menus - why have their options always "recently" changed whenever you call? How many menu options do they have that they keep changing every other day?

I think this is all part of a rather insidious trend I've noticed over the past few years - it is virtually impossible to get anyone on the phone at almost any media company for any reason, unless "you know the extension," which you have no way to find out because you can't get a receptionist to tell you what it is. 

Not that long ago, I needed to get hold of someone at one of our local TV stations. There was no switchboard, no person answering the phone, only voice mail telling me that unless I knew the exact three-digit code to enter for their extension, there was no way to reach anybody. I hung up and never did get through to the person I needed to speak to. 

The sad truth seems to be that they simply don't want to speak to the public for any reason. And it's pretty shameful, since we are the reason they're in business.

July 19, 2022 10:29 pm  #5

I called Apple one day. They give you a menu of three different types of music you can select, or you can opt for no music at all.

July 19, 2022 10:59 pm  #6

The City of Toronto's 311 gives you the same option. But the music is still terrible, no matter which one you choose.

July 19, 2022 11:10 pm  #7

sure hope they are all paying the customary SOCAN fees...

July 19, 2022 11:20 pm  #8

Last edited by Glen Warren (July 19, 2022 11:20 pm)

July 20, 2022 10:00 am  #9

Whenever I have phoned Rogers, I am usually given the option of providing a number for a call back. Longest I have waited for a call back is about 30 minutes.

July 20, 2022 4:45 pm  #10

ig wrote:

Easy. Rogers wins this by a landslide. You haven’t lived till you spent two hours on hold listening to shut up and dance, on a fiddle, played through a VOIP codec.

https://youtu.be/5F4fmRIBQP4

When the music was current I actually didn't mind, but now it's old and they really should update their hold music. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 20, 2022 8:31 pm  #11

Glen Warren wrote:

I've heard that very hold music somewhere.

July 20, 2022 11:56 pm  #12

turkeytop wrote:

Glen Warren wrote:

I've heard that very hold music somewhere.

Longo's delivery service Grocery Gateway uses it, and has for years.

It sort of sounds like something from a soundtrack, possibly the movie Risky Business or maybe another 80's flick.

July 22, 2022 1:57 pm  #13

I'm hearing it right now on a call to our insurance carrier for a pending dental claim.

August 6, 2022 7:42 pm  #14

I'm on hold right now with Delta Airlines. Some not bad, jazzy sounding music. The fourteen minute wait time they promised has now stretched into 22 minutes.

Last edited by turkeytop (August 6, 2022 7:45 pm)