sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2022 9:15 pm  #1

American Radio Station Adopts Four-Day Work Week For Staff

It's a station in L.A that runs an all-Korean format, so it's not a big player in the market. But it's giving its workers a three-day weekend all year round and claims the employees are happy (duh!) but that they can still keep the station on the air without any major effect. 

I guess this might be possible for a station where music is the major format. But I'm not entirely sure if this would work for say, a morning man.

Imagine if CFRB's John Moore were only on Monday-Thursday and someone else was in the chair every Friday. (To be fair, Evan Solomon only does four days a week, but that's because he's prepping for Question Period, which airs every Sunday.) Other than that, everyone's in place all five days, and I'm not sure how listeners would react to such an odd schedule after all these years. 

Wave of the future or flash in the pan? The answers are just starting to come.

Los Angeles Radio Station Has Adopted the 4-Day Workweek 

July 14, 2022 9:03 am  #2

Re: American Radio Station Adopts Four-Day Work Week For Staff

There are actually four stations in the Los Angeles area that cater to the Korean population. 1540 KMPC [the 4 day work week station], 1230 KYPA, 1190 KGBN  and 1650 KFOX. None of them register in market ratings.