sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2022 7:55 pm  #1

A Rare Reception Of A Low Power Buffalo Area TV Station

It only happens in my neck of the woods (northern North York) about three or four times a year. And Thursday night is one of them.

I noticed that the 8 stations on WBBZ, Channel 67, the low powered TV station from Springville, N.Y., is coming in great in my location. If you've ever wanted to scan for this station (on digital channel 7), this is the night. (Although having a rotor helps.)

No telling how long it will last and it usually fades out quickly. But it's great to see two of the channels on my "most wished to get" list: MeTV and Decades. 

I don't think I've seen the 67's for more than a year. Nice to see it back - if only for a night. 

June 17, 2022 8:40 am  #2

Re: A Rare Reception Of A Low Power Buffalo Area TV Station

My parents lived in SW Oakville about a mile north of the lake. They also had tower and rotor. WBBZ only came in 4 or 5 times a year for them as well.

July 1, 2022 7:49 am  #3

Re: A Rare Reception Of A Low Power Buffalo Area TV Station

WBBZ is there on Friday morning (July 1st) as of this posting. Almost certainly won't last, but it's always a great catch. I just wish it would get into the GTA with a higher power. My most missed OTA station(s.)