sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2022 1:18 pm  #1

Bell Signs Extension Deal With NFL, Including Thursday Night Football

Bell and its properties - CTV, TSN, and CTV2 - have signed a long term and major extension to its NFL rights package in Canada, that will see the networks continue to get access to weekly and playoff games, in addition to the Super Bowl. But one of the big additions will be Thursday Night Football, which is only available on Amazon's streaming services in the U.S. 

So regardless of whether you have an antenna or a cable package, it will be the only place to see those games on so-called linear TV. 

More here.

Bell press release

June 13, 2022 10:39 pm  #2

Re: Bell Signs Extension Deal With NFL, Including Thursday Night Football

I like it when they have four or sometimes five games on at 1 pm. That's more than enough to watch. 

June 14, 2022 10:26 am  #3

Re: Bell Signs Extension Deal With NFL, Including Thursday Night Football

That is one good thing about TSN/CTV carrying NFL games in Canada. With timeshifting, you often get 4-5 1pm games and another 3-4 in the 4:25pm slot. South of the border, in Buffalo, viewers are limited to a maximum of three games each Sunday afternoon. If timeshifting was ever introduced there, the local affilliates would be on spincycle with out of market games being available at a minimal cost to the viewer. I pay $6/month for the CDN and U.S. timeshifting. Very reasonable plus it allows me to avoid most of the simsubs.