sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2022 12:16 pm  #1

Interesting Weekend For Golf On TV. CHCH Picks Up Tournament

After a two year break, the RBC Canadian Open returns this week.  TSN, CTV2 and CBS are covering the tournament which is being held at St. George's Golf and Country Club in Toronto.

Interesting that CHCH is getting into the golf game this weekend with them picking up the LIV Golf Invitational Series from London.  Golf great Dustin Johnson and RBC split ways last week when Johnston announced that he was going to be playing in the LIV tournament. 

June 9, 2022 5:41 pm  #2

Re: Interesting Weekend For Golf On TV. CHCH Picks Up Tournament

Is CHCH still offered on basic lineups outside of Ontario? 

June 10, 2022 11:25 am  #3

I believe CHCH is still offered on Bell and Shaw Satellite systems. Cable systems outside Ontario may carry it, but wouldn't be required to.  I checked the sites of several cable companies. CHCH is available in Winnipeg and Regina but not Edmonton.

June 10, 2022 8:32 pm  #4

mace wrote:

I believe CHCH is still offered on Bell and Shaw Satellite systems. Cable systems outside Ontario may carry it, but wouldn't be required to.  I checked the sites of several cable companies. CHCH is available in Winnipeg and Regina but not Edmonton.

Not available on Shaw in Vancouver.

We do get NTV Newfoundland on the timeshifting channels, however.

June 11, 2022 1:19 pm  #5

CHCH made a shrewd move picking up the LIV Golf Invitational Series today.  In some parts of the world including the US,  the match is only available on line with Youtube, Facebook or LIV's own site.  Looks like SKY Sports in the UK is handling the production. Wonder if CHCH is planning to show any more of these golf telecasts.