sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2022 5:22 pm  #1

Speaker's Corner Lives Again In Toronto - Sort Of

Thanks to 12:36, we learn that Moses Znaimer, who originally started the Speakers Corner box outside of City TV's Queen St. W. H.Q., has gone back to the well one more time. He's installed something called The Vox Box outside the ZoomerPlex, which houses his radio stations and TV Museum.

The box is bright red, but otherwise everything is the same - anyone who wants to rant and rave on camera can do so for 2 minutes, with the best comments appearing on Rogers Channel 5, which I take it is that company's local cable station, as well as on TikTok. 

It does not say anything about any of the audio winding up on AM740. 

It's not quite the same as Speaker's Corner but at least you can see it from there. 

Vox Box Arrives In Liberty Village

June 1, 2022 10:39 pm  #2

Re: Speaker's Corner Lives Again In Toronto - Sort Of

Rogers shut down all, or most of their "Cable 10" networks long ago.
Cable 5 Toronto is the TV guide channel. Sounds to me like Mr. Znaimer bought time on that channel to make all this happen.
The guide will continue to scroll while the top right corner (a larger square than what CP24 offers) 
airs audio/video ad content.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 1, 2022 11:07 pm  #3

Radiowiz wrote:

Cable 5 Toronto is the TV guide channel

I believe Rogers TV Guide on Channel 5 is limited to subscribers that do not have "digital TV" (aka the few remaining standard definition subscribers).  Those with "digital TV" have a full channel guide accessible through their set-top-box/PVR.

June 2, 2022 7:17 am  #4

In Phase wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

I believe Rogers TV Guide on Channel 5 is limited to subscribers that do not have "digital TV" (aka the few remaining standard definition subscribers).  Those with "digital TV" have a full channel guide accessible through their set-top-box/PVR.

Correct. Top left of the screen is divided between Weather and News information. Top right is controlled by Zoomer Media featuring ads and television series promos, many from Vision TV. Guide is displayed in the bottom half of the screen.

June 2, 2022 9:32 am  #5

In Phase wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Cable 5 is still there no matter what. What is your point? I never visit that channel because I have a guide on my digital box. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 2, 2022 10:44 am  #6

Radiowiz wrote:

In Phase wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Cable 5 is still there no matter what. What is your point? I never visit that channel because I have a guide on my digital box. 

On Ignite... Cable 5 is gone...  I would guess it will be retired if they move everyone over from traditional. 

June 2, 2022 1:17 pm  #7

Radiowiz wrote:

Rogers shut down all, or most of their "Cable 10" networks long ago. 

Rogers Cable 10 "Community" channel still exists in Durham Region.