sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2022 9:11 am  #1

RIP Andrew Krystal

[color=inherit]Toronto Mike[/color][/url] [url=https://twitter.com/torontomike]@torontomike·10h I'm sorry to learn that radio broadcaster @AndrewKrystal has passed away. Andrew was my guest for episode 630 when we talked about his years at Mojo Radio, being The Fan 590's morning show host, speaking with Rob and Doug Ford at CityNews and more.

May 23, 2022 9:37 am  #2

Re: RIP Andrew Krystal

I'm sorry to hear this. He was an odd guy but a talented one. 

I'm pulling this out of my dim memory banks, but wasn't Andrew Krystal the host who lost his job on AM 640 in the morning and was on doing a new show on CFRB that same night? I could be wrong, but I think it was him. Quite a character. 

May 23, 2022 10:17 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this. He was an odd guy but a talented one. 

I'm pulling this out of my dim memory banks, but wasn't Andrew Krystal the host who lost his job on AM 640 in the morning and was on doing a new show on CFRB that same night? I could be wrong, but I think it was him. Quite a character. 

Yes that was in 2004 or 2005.  I was working at Primus near Dundas and Kipling at the time, and commuting back to Stoney Crekk at night.  I heard his first Newstalk 1010 show that evening.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

May 23, 2022 11:36 am  #4

I don't know if it was the same day; but yes Kowch hired him right after his dismissal from 640.  I'm very surprised to hear this news.

May 23, 2022 12:08 pm  #5

Was he still on Sirius? 

RIP. 

May 23, 2022 5:02 pm  #6

Here's a brief obit from CityNews Halifax, where Krystal once worked. None of the stories indicate the cause of death, but he was only 63.

Andrew Krystal, former CityNews Halifax talk show host, dies

Both Mike Richards and Mark Hebscher shared their condolences on Twitter. 

May 24, 2022 5:35 pm  #7

Died from a heart attack according to Humble and Fred.