sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 2, 2022 7:25 pm  #1

Jimmy Kimmel Gets COVID For Second Time In A Month

It seems almost inevitable one of the late night hosts would eventually come down with COVID. And now one of them has - ABC's Jimmy Kimmel, who announced the bad news on Twitter. He's fully vaxxed, isn't having symptoms but has to isolate. He says his daughter brought it home "even though we specifically asked her not to." 

In his announcement, Kimmel apologizes to his scheduled guests, but it would have been hilarious if he'd also included Matt Damon, who is announced as a guest every night but never gets on. 

Monday's program is cancelled but the show must go on and it will - with stand-up comedian Mike Birbiglia, frequently heard on CHAM's all comedy format - taking his place until Kimmel can return. 

May 2, 2022 7:27 pm  #2

Re: Jimmy Kimmel Gets COVID For Second Time In A Month

Colbert had it late April, too.

May 2, 2022 7:34 pm  #3

Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers and James Corden were all diagnosed with it;  in the first week of this year.

This Was the Week All the Late-Night Hosts Announced They Had COVID | Vanity Fair

Last edited by Media Observer (May 2, 2022 7:36 pm)

May 2, 2022 8:28 pm  #4

So almost all the major late-night hosts have had it. Interesting. It seems inevitable, coming back to the studio with an audience and all the people involved in the show backstage. And yet it was his kid who apparently gave it to him. Considering the list you guys put up, I suppose it was just Kimmel's turn. 

My brother, who is a doctor, is of the opinion that everyone will eventually get it, no matter how careful they are. His son-in-law, who is the head of ER at a major hospital, says he's also seeing a startling increase in flu cases, as people take off their masks, with many having gotten a COVID shot - but not one for influenza. 

May 2, 2022 9:41 pm  #5

I had a flu shot. And still got the flu. It lasted a week. Now I have a cold. I’ve tested negative for COVID. But it is definitely a cold. I have my vaccine. Plus a booster so I am triple vaxxed there plus the flu shot. But as careful as I am there are lots of people that are not. I take the GO and there are announcements about masks being mandatory but most people don’t wear them. Same on different buses too. It’s never going to go away. But if we are somewhat careful I think it won’t be to bad. Just hopefully the strains weaken enough so it’s not a problem anymore

May 10, 2022 9:10 am  #6

RadioAaron wrote:

Colbert had it late April, too.

And apparently, he has it again. All shows have been cancelled for at least a week, although there's no explanation for why he can't have a guest host while he recovers.

‘The Late Show’ Cancels Shows After Stephen Colbert Fears Covid “Recurrence”

Meanwhile...

Kimmel Talks About His Recovery From Covid-19 And How Mike Birbiglia Made A Fan Out Of Kimmel’s Mom

May 10, 2022 12:29 pm  #7

Keep in mind that the old school cold is now labelled as covid.   Every cough, sniffle or body ache is covid.  

May 11, 2022 6:38 am  #8

markow202 wrote:

Keep in mind that the old school cold is now labelled as covid.   Every cough, sniffle or body ache is covid.  

That's absolutely false. If it's simply the cold or traditional flu virus, you will not produce a positive result on a COVID test. However, if you are fully vaccinated, the chances that you will have COVID but not develop symptoms at all or not develop symptoms more serious than cold symptoms are much higher. 

May 18, 2022 3:37 pm  #9

Jimmy Kimmel has gone viral again - but not on the Internet. The late-night host has come down with COVID-19 for the second time this month. John Mulaney and Andy Samberg - who were to be his guests - will now take over hosting Wednesday night's show. 

Jimmy Kimmel tests positive for COVID-19 again