sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2022 11:55 am  #1

Baby It's C-C-COLD Outside...Soccer Anyone?

Are you going to watch Canada qualify for soccers World Cup this afternoon?  The game against Jamaica is at 4pm  on Sportsnet.  Canada has not been a contender for the World Cup since 1986.  
I will be watching even though I don't follow soccer much other than the odd Toronto FC game.  I do enjoy the crowds when they get jigged up and the sell out crowd this afternoon at BMO field should be pumped, if only to keep warm.   Will you watch the game today?
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/how-canada-can-qualify-for-the-men-s-world-cup-after-thursday-s-loss-1.5832779

March 27, 2022 12:21 pm  #2

Re: Baby It's C-C-COLD Outside...Soccer Anyone?

I will hear the final score on the air. Beyond that, I'm like one of those pitches on TV for buying something before it's too late - it's on for only a short time and I have zero interest!

March 28, 2022 8:34 am  #3

Re: Baby It's C-C-COLD Outside...Soccer Anyone?

Never been a fan of soccer [or real football as my Brit friends tell me]. However, it will be exciting to see Canada play in their second World Cup ever. Maybe this time they will actually score a goal, perhaps win a game!! On a side note, Italians must be on spin cycle after their country failed to qualify for their second consecutive World Cup. Losing to North Macedonia 1-0 despite out shooting them 32-4.