sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2022 8:04 pm  #1

Bell Cans Montreal Radio Host Chris Nilan

Bell has fired TSN 690 Montreal afternoon radio host Chris Nilan for refusing to take the COVID-19 vacine.

Nilan, who spent ten years playing hockey for the Canadiens wanted a medical exemption but was denied.

A Boston native, Nilan began working at the station a decade ago after completing a substance abuse program.

He had been clean and sober throughout his tenure at TSN 690.

Actions have consequences. 

Last edited by unclefester (February 3, 2022 8:09 pm)

February 3, 2022 8:06 pm  #2

Re: Bell Cans Montreal Radio Host Chris Nilan

From The Montreal Gazette:

Chris Nilan says he was fired from TSN 690 for refusing to get vaccinated

Last edited by RadioActive (February 3, 2022 8:18 pm)

February 3, 2022 8:29 pm  #3

He was an idiot on the ice and evidently, off of it, as well

February 3, 2022 8:32 pm  #4

Security of person is your right in Canada. Most reading this may not like it, but you do not have to be vaccinated…and by the way, you are no more likely to be a spreader than a vaccinated person (and yea, I am vaccinated). The vax never did what they said it would so we all have to get over ourselves and move on. This has got to stop. We have Charter rights and they are being trampled.

February 3, 2022 8:53 pm  #5

shurmanator wrote:

Security of person is your right in Canada. Most reading this may not like it, but you do not have to be vaccinated…and by the way, you are no more likely to be a spreader than a vaccinated person

Agreed

shurmanator wrote:

The vax never did what they said it would....

This comment, I don't understand.  The vaccinations are doing exactly what "they" said it would do.  Reduce the impact on a person that has contracted COVID so as to reduce the demands on our health care system, mainly hospitals, and hopefully, save a few lives.

shurmanator wrote:

We have Charter rights and they are being trampled.

And I have the right to have a safe workplace.

We each have the right not to get vaccinated but the employer also has the right (and obligation) to set the health parameters for their workplace.

Although unfortunate, we all have choices to make.  Mr. Nilan made his.  And so did Bell.

February 3, 2022 8:58 pm  #6

I guess heroin is ok but not a vaccine??

February 3, 2022 9:06 pm  #7

shurmanator wrote:

Security of person is your right in Canada. Most reading this may not like it, but you do not have to be vaccinated…and by the way, you are no more likely to be a spreader than a vaccinated person (and yea, I am vaccinated). The vax never did what they said it would so we all have to get over ourselves and move on. This has got to stop. We have Charter rights and they are being trampled.

Tell me you don’t understand the charter of rights without telling me you don’t understand the charter of rights.

February 3, 2022 9:14 pm  #8

Holliday wrote:

Tell me you don’t understand the charter of rights without telling me you don’t understand the charter of rights.

Tell me you don't understand Section 1 of the Charter of Rights without telling me you don't understand Section 1 of the Charter of Rights. (Look at a few court decisions re vaccinations).

February 3, 2022 9:44 pm  #9

Hansa wrote:

Holliday wrote:

Tell me you don't understand Section 1 of the Charter of Rights without telling me you don't understand Section 1 of the Charter of Rights. (Look at a few court decisions re vaccinations).

Shouldn’t you guys be over on the Puget Board where ridiculous anti-vaxxers are welcomed?

February 3, 2022 10:02 pm  #10

shurmanator wrote:

Well, what do I know? So I asked the last living author of the Charter, Premier Brian Peckford. Go tell him he’s got it wrong. He wrote the fucking thing!

Friend to Ezra Levant and Jordan Peterson, charming guy. Right wing fringe.

February 3, 2022 10:11 pm  #11

unclefester wrote:

Bell has fired TSN 690 Montreal afternoon radio host Chris Nilan for refusing to take the COVID-19 vacine.

He can go shit in the streets of downtown Ottawa for freedom with the rest of the primitives.

February 3, 2022 10:15 pm  #12

February 4, 2022 7:00 am  #14

shurmanator wrote:

Thump .............

*sigh* & another person I'll view differently going forward ......................

February 4, 2022 9:05 am  #15

Here's the thing -

Chris can easily work remotely from his home and not harm anyone.   According to his doctor he a valid reason to not get the jab, and people should respect that.

So to me this is really a case of Bell using the Federal government's "you have to be double vaxxed for federally regulated jobs" as an easy out to can a high paid performer w/o massive severance or blowback.   TSN 690 is getting killed and the Habs ain't helping... so why not save some money?

The reality is the mandates are going to come to an end - we can see what's happening around the world... so it would have been easy to come up w/ a solution in the meantime... if you wanted to.

I think it is also sad he was fire by mail.   The business practices at Bell are really sub-par.

February 4, 2022 10:43 am  #16

Good....eff him...the oxies, cocaine, heroine, booze and other opiods this guy was ingesting and addicted too for years have more poison in them combined than any vaccine ever created...yes you have rights, but eff your personal rights if they infringe on mine and the health and safety of my friends and family...

February 4, 2022 10:56 am  #17

He tried to get a medical exemption but was denied.  Is there a certificate that his doctor needs to authorize or sign?  Did he have this or not?  Lots of people have tried to use this excuse but don't have the paperwork to back it up. 

I do take issue with the comment that the vaccines didn't do what they said it would do.  Who are "they" the anti vaxxers?  Vaccines are not cures.  They increase the chances that you won't get COVID and if you do the possibility of you getting really sick are much less.  That's why most of the patients jamming up ICU's and dying are either unvaxed or only had one vaccination. Those with their full shots rarely end up in hospital and almost never ICU.  

Look at the difference with seniors homes before and after vaccinations.  While some still die the numbers are no where near what they were prior to no vaccinations. The vaccinations made a big difference immediately.