sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2022 1:59 pm  #1

Something Rare, Four Scripted Domestic Shows in Top 30

Bill Brioux notes that the latest Numeris ratings had four scripted Canadian shows in the top 30 last week.  He also mentions that despite huge ratings stateside, the NFL playoff broadcasts in Canada are no where near as popular.  This is evident in Canada's largest urban markets.  More from brioux.tv .....https://brioux.tv/blog/2022/01/25/four-scripted-canadians-shows-crack-the-numeris-top-30/

January 28, 2022 5:42 pm  #2

Re: Something Rare, Four Scripted Domestic Shows in Top 30

I watched the first two episodes of CTV's new comedy Children Ruin Everything. Moderately amusing. No belly laughs though. What the series has done is confirm that I made the correct decision, never to have children. To this day, I still have no regrets.

January 28, 2022 7:02 pm  #3

Re: Something Rare, Four Scripted Domestic Shows in Top 30

I like Children Ruin Everything and find it pretty funny.  The program is well written, strong cast  and the kids are kids which I find refreshing.  The producers have not tried to make the children in the show smarter than the parents or have them acting like adults with snappy come back lines whenever a parent speaks.  The underlying thing is the fact that the parents while missing their freedom at times love their two children very much.  In fact they are discussing having a third.

Also interesting that it is their friends and colleagues who are single are the ones always reminding the couple what they are missing out on. However the singles lives don't seem to be always all that great.  

This show given a chance could be a hit for CTV, with real potential to do well in other markets and streaming.  However the program has a limited life as the children grow up.  CTV doesn't seem to be going out of it's way to give Children Ruin Everything much promotion.  It could easily have a four or five year run but I have a feeling this is not what CTV is planning, at least not so far.