sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2021 6:25 pm  #1

SNL Smaller Cast and No Audience Tonight

Saturday Night Live will have no studio audience tonight and a smaller cast for this evenings show.  More from CNN..https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/18/media/snl-no-live-audience-omicron/index.html

December 18, 2021 8:46 pm  #2

Re: SNL Smaller Cast and No Audience Tonight

Good.  While we're at it, just get rid of this waste of money and airtime - worst weekend show on the worst U.S. network.  Oh, and if Comcast can fire that Fallon jackass right about now, that would be great.  Biggest frickin' cancer of American TV since Trump.

December 19, 2021 6:37 pm  #3

Let's see... each and every person who believes Fallon has any talent at all.  He *IS* the biggest goddamn malignant cancer of American media since Trump *and* the Kardashians, and actually believes that he MUST upstage everybody and be the centre of attention at all times, even when his guests - his GUESTS! - are performing.  What a deplorable, full-of-himself, blithering lowlife pustule... you can't go any lower than him these days on American TV.  Absolute goddamn scum... even my morning turd has more talent than this jackass.

December 19, 2021 8:38 pm  #4

Forward Power wrote:

Let's see... each and every person who believes Fallon has any talent at all.  He *IS* the biggest goddamn malignant cancer of American media since Trump *and* the Kardashians, and actually believes that he MUST upstage everybody and be the centre of attention at all times, even when his guests - his GUESTS! - are performing.  What a deplorable, full-of-himself, blithering lowlife pustule... you can't go any lower than him these days on American TV.  Absolute goddamn scum... even my morning turd has more talent than this jackass.

Okay I think I understand now. You're upset because Saturday Night live won't hire a Jimmy Fallon look alike to deliberately exaggerate his behaviour for entertainment sake.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 19, 2021 9:47 pm  #5

I haven't watched Saturday Night Live since they got rid of Mr. Bill. I simply don't find it funny, so I don't watch. No need for a rant.

December 19, 2021 10:34 pm  #6

mace wrote:

I haven't watched Saturday Night Live since they got rid of Mr. Bill. I simply don't find it funny, so I don't watch. No need for a rant.

Gotta love the YouTube rabbit hole. I'd forgotten how damn funny Mr. Bill was, thanks mace.

Mr. Bill's Christmas Special
https://youtu.be/lBcP4R1CRE8

December 20, 2021 12:10 am  #7

mace wrote:

Ahh... The SOWNY Board.  "I haven't watched/listened since (insert event that happened 40 years ago)."
It reminds me of the time someone here complained about a new nasal sounding female singer on a commercial who would surely disappear within weeks or months.  That "new" voice was Rihanna who had sold nearly 200 milllion copies and had eight number one hits by that time.

December 20, 2021 8:45 am  #8

There are some truly hilarious moments on SNL but I find most of the skits run far too long, milking the same joke over and over again. Instead of 6 or 7 minutes each if the skits were 3 - 4 minutes it would be much more enjoyable. That's why I PVR the show and skip through it in about 45 mins, there's just too much that isn't funny. Weekend Update is usually my highlight and even it suffers from 'too long' syndrome when extras join Colin & Michael to espouse their points of view. 

I give them credit for doing the show on Friday with very limited cast, although it just highlighted the shortcomings I've already mentioned. 

Last edited by zed (December 20, 2021 9:09 am)

December 20, 2021 10:46 am  #9

After his Saturday Night Live career, Mr. Bill did quite well in the advertising business, doing spots for Burger King, Master Card, Ramada and Subway, where he invents flatbread. He even did a PSA against drug use with the tagline "Just say OHNO to drugs"

December 20, 2021 12:04 pm  #10

mace wrote:

After his Saturday Night Live career, Mr. Bill did quite well in the advertising business, doing spots for Burger King, Master Card, Ramada and Subway, where he invents flatbread. He even did a PSA against drug use with the tagline "Just say OHNO to drugs"

Did he get desperate and cover himself in poo to become Mr. Poo on South Park?  
The voice seems so close... lol

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 20, 2021 12:18 pm  #11

torontostan wrote:

Forward Power wrote:

Good.  While we're at it, just get rid of this waste of money and airtime - worst weekend show on the worst U.S. network.  Oh, and if Comcast can fire that Fallon jackass right about now, that would be great.  Biggest frickin' cancer of American TV since Trump.

Who pissed in your Colon Blow?

I see what you did there. LMAO

Last edited by Leslieville Bill (December 20, 2021 12:18 pm)

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio.