sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 12, 2021 8:36 pm  #1

Jazz FM has a morning show host

The mornings went host-less during the tumultuous times of the Ross Porter, toxic board of directors times, 3 years ago...and finally last week, Heather Bambrick is now hosting the morning show, from 7-11 am.

Former traffic reporter (Skywards) Raina Hersh is the mid-day host from 11-2. I find Raina, to be bubbly and nice to listen to.

I know Jazz FM doesn't get a big response, but for a donor supported station, they do a lot with a little.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

October 15, 2021 1:49 pm  #2

Re: Jazz FM has a morning show host

Glad that the morning slot is filled. I enjoy listening to both Heather and Raina.

October 16, 2021 9:00 pm  #3

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

I know Jazz FM doesn't get a big response, but for a donor supported station, they do a lot with a little.

I would support it if I could get it. It's one of just two Toronto stations I wish we could get here in London. And I don't have to go to far. Driving East on 401, I can get it just east of Woodstock.

Last edited by turkeytop (October 16, 2021 9:01 pm)

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

October 17, 2021 6:48 am  #4

turkeytop wrote:

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

I would support it if I could get it. It's one of just two Toronto stations I wish we could get here in London. And I don't have to go to far. Driving East on 401, I can get it just east of Woodstock.

At home, can you not stream Jazz FM?

October 17, 2021 9:06 am  #5

mace wrote:

At home, can you not stream Jazz FM?

My views about streaming I posted here a few days ago weren't very well received. I won't repeat it again.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

October 17, 2021 10:47 am  #6

If you have cable TV, JAZZ FM is usually on cablecos across the country. Used to be, at least, before all the changes resulting from the CRTC's efforts to make cable less expensive (joke intended). We have it on Cogeco.
Not sure about the sat situation.

Last edited by mike marshall (October 18, 2021 2:12 pm)

October 18, 2021 3:24 pm  #7

Always been a HUGE fan of JAZZFM. Hosts past & present are great! Brad, Walter, Heather, John etc etc...all great to listen to. Love the playlist as well. I've been a paying supporter on/off for a few years! Worth it! - Scholes

Last edited by R32 (October 18, 2021 3:26 pm)