sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2021 11:16 pm  #1

Randy Bachman Finds Stolen Guitar 45 Years Later

Always nice when you find something that you misplaced.  Imagine how Randy Bachman feels finding one of his guitars in Tokyo that was stolen 45 years ago.  From CTV news. https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/randy-bachman-s-guitar-was-stolen-45-years-ago-in-toronto-he-just-found-it-in-tokyo-1.5614775

October 8, 2021 7:53 am  #2

Re: Randy Bachman Finds Stolen Guitar 45 Years Later

Very cool story. Nice that it had a happy ending.

October 8, 2021 12:23 pm  #3

Now that's what I call...taking care of business.  

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 8, 2021 12:35 pm  #4

When it comes to getting the guitar back, I hope the deal has strings attached!

October 8, 2021 12:43 pm  #5

Sheesh. They're building up this lost guitar as if it was Butch's gold ass-watch from Pulp Fiction...

October 8, 2021 3:27 pm  #6

I went to a presentation that Randy gave at CBC’s Glen Gould studio a number of years ago - billed as “Guitarology 101." Not sure if it was ever aired on CBC Radio, but it was recorded. He had a selection of about 12 to 15 guitars set up on stands in a line on the stage and described each model’s features and sounds, why he used specific ones for various songs, the sentimental value many had for him, and gave some great demonstrations too. He even included one of his very early guitars, a cheap beginner’s “Silvertone.” That model was sold in department stores - Eatons or Simpsons.

Randy’s special delivery of telling stories on Vinyl Tap, and often explaining technical aspects of instruments and the general art of recording in plain, easy to understand terms is a talent in itself. It’s unfortunate that CBC cut ties with him. His ability to connect with the radio audience in a warm, conversational, sometimes humorous manner with his stories was very popular across Canada with many people of all ages. Might have been nice to let Randy leave on his own terms.

And by the way, to a person who loves his or her or their instrument, there’s an attachment that only a true musician would understand. And yes, it’s way more important than someone’s “gold ass watch.”

October 8, 2021 4:46 pm  #7

PeterY wrote:

And by the way, to a person who loves his or her or their instrument, there’s an attachment that only a true musician would understand.

Yes. I've seen Spinal Tap.

July 1, 2022 2:05 pm  #8

A final happy ending to this story. Just hope he's not flying back through Pearson Airport, where they're likely to lose it again!

Rock star Randy Bachman reunited with beloved stolen guitar