sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2021 9:45 am  #1

Free Sports Streaming

Some of you who enjoy professional sports, may already be aware of these free streaming sites. nhl66 offers every NHL game with a choice of home, visitor and occasionally French telecast. Unfortunately, casting is not available. mlb66 has the same setup for baseball. There is a site I have discovered for NFL games called nfl5. Until the season begins Sept 12th, I won't know how useful it will be. I have yet to find anything similar for NBA games.

August 19, 2021 9:47 am  #2

Re: Free Sports Streaming

The ones with the blue screen "Your program will be right back" instead of ads are annoying and stupid.
They should just let us see the ads.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 19, 2021 10:01 am  #3

Agree. However, it is a small price to pay for the opportunity to watch the out of town games without paying Rogers $36.95/month for their Super Sports pack.

August 19, 2021 10:16 am  #4

mace wrote:

Agree. However, it is a small price to pay for the opportunity to watch the out of town games without paying Rogers $36.95/month for their Super Sports pack.

Sure, but I want the commercials.  
I've been lucky enough to not have to pay, all while finding the commercials through IPTV services.
However, even then, some games are refusing to show the ads. That's just depressing.  

August 19, 2021 11:28 am  #5

Radiowiz wrote:

mace wrote:

I've been lucky enough to not have to pay, all while finding the commercials through IPTV services.
However, even then, some games are refusing to show the ads. That's just depressing.  

so you're bitching about getting the game but not the commercials on a feed you're not paying for? .. life is a challenge : )) .. 

August 19, 2021 11:31 am  #6

Radiowiz wrote:

mace wrote:

This isn't meant as a criticism, just a question out of curiosity. Why would you want to see the ads? I spend most of my listening/viewing time trying to avoid them! Is there some reason you'd want to watch them?

August 19, 2021 11:32 am  #7

g121 wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

mace wrote:

so you're bitching about getting the game but not the commercials on a feed you're not paying for? .. life is a challenge : )) .. 

On an Ironic note, people are paying but can't get the blue screen???  
Life is so backwards sometimes. 
If something is "free" then I deserve to be smothered with commercials. lol 

August 19, 2021 2:23 pm  #8

I've noticed the same lack of ads when I'm watching something on CBC Gem. The screen says we'll be back after this commercial break, (or something to that effect ). And of course the screen turns red. I've always used the commercial  breaks to go and take care of a few chores,but I'm surprised that they don't  show the same commercials  on their web streaming that are being seen via OTA or for those getting their programs  by cable..