sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2021 7:31 pm  #1

CHML's Ted Michaels retiring

From Ted's Twitter feed,After literally months and months of discussion with family and close friends, I’ve made the tough decision to #retire. My last day as a full-time newscaster on 900 CHML, will be December 15, 2021. My career started in 1975, and over those 46 years, I’ve had some incredible highs and some terrible lows. The day-to-day grind of constantly being on a deadline can be very taxing. Truthfully, the last 16 months, of delivering bad news stories, has taken its toll. I want to emphasize that I am NOT stepping down due to health reasons. My full attention will be on things that I am passionate about. So I’ll continue to host the #HealthandWellness show on 900 CHML and work on finalizing plans for a special #mentalhealtheventI'll also offer my expertise to #businesses and #charities, speak at #lunchandlearns and maybe running the odd 5K race. I’m leaving on my own terms, which is important to me, and is very rare in this industry.

August 8, 2021 7:35 am  #2

Re: CHML's Ted Michaels retiring

Good luck and best wishes to Ted. We worked together for a bit at CHAM and I too know the rarity of leaving on your own terms. A tough feat these days, made even tougher in the midst of a pandemic.