sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2021 11:18 am  #1

Viewer Alert II: The Best Of Ready, Steady, Go! On WNED/PBS

Just one day after discovering a PBS retrospective on Monty Python, I stumbled upon what might be another great special. This one salutes the British TV show "Ready, Steady, Go!" If you're not familiar with that title, it was THE main music television program for the British invasion years in the 60s and everyone - and I mean everyone - appeared on it. 

The Beatles were not only frequent guests, they often co-hosted the program. Greats like the Dave Clark 5, The Rolling Stones and more were also on it, performing live in their prime. If you made it on that show, you really had made it, a sort of U.K. American Bandstand.

Here's how the PBS website describes this special, which features highlights from that decade:

"Best of the 60s" is a compilation from across the years of the iconic music series and features performances by The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Martha & the Vandellas, Dusty Springfield, The Animals, Otis Redding, The Temptations, The Walker Brothers, Them, Marvin Gaye and more.

As usual, there are three airings of the 90-minute special (likely with pledge time, so best to record it if this interests you) on WNED:

• Wednesday, June 9, 09:30 pm
  • Friday, June 11, 01:30 am 
  • Saturday, June 12, 07:30 pm 

Those reading this from London, Windsor, Ottawa, Vancouver and elsewhere will almost certainly find it listed on the website of whatever local PBS station they receive, along with the specific air times. 

See a brief preview here

June 4, 2021 12:45 pm  #2

Re: Viewer Alert II: The Best Of Ready, Steady, Go! On WNED/PBS

I checked the June 9th schedule for PBS stations in Watertown, Rochester, Erie, Cleveland, Detroit and Seattle. None are carrying The Best Of Ready, Steady, Go! that evening. No doubt, the special will air later in the week in other markets.

June 4, 2021 1:04 pm  #3

It's listed on their sites as Best of the 60s: Ready, Steady, Go! That originally got me, too. Try checking under the letter "B" for "Best" and it should come up. 

June 4, 2021 2:24 pm  #4

That did help. WXXI: Sat June 5 10pm. Sun June 6 3:30pm. KCTS  Wed June 9 1am. Mon June 14 4:30am and 6am.