sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2016 11:40 am  #1


Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Billie from "Mad Dog and Billie" has resurfaced on Toronto airwaves at CFXJ

 

June 21, 2016 2:56 am  #2


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

You mean 93.5   "The Move"?  Not a bad idea.... Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...

For the record, they ignored my suggestions

Last edited by Nate (June 21, 2016 2:56 am)

 

June 24, 2016 4:16 pm  #3


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Nate wrote:

You mean 93.5   "The Move"?  Not a bad idea.... Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...

For the record, they ignored my suggestions

Yes, "The Move". She's not listed on their website as of yet, so I wonder what shifts she will be doing. Possibly weekend and fill up, or maybe there will be a morning show again? Who knows.

     Thread Starter
 

July 3, 2016 9:50 am  #4


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Here2day wrote:

Nate wrote:

You mean 93.5   "The Move"?  Not a bad idea.... Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...

For the record, they ignored my suggestions

Yes, "The Move". She's not listed on their website as of yet, so I wonder what shifts she will be doing. Possibly weekend and fill up, or maybe there will be a morning show again? Who knows.

Looks like she's doing weekends, 10am-4pm

Last edited by ckg927 (July 3, 2016 9:51 am)

 

July 5, 2016 10:54 am  #5


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Nate wrote:

Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...(

Peter Kash is not the imaging voice of 93-5.    

Good luck with the radio consulting aspirations there bud!

D
 

 

July 5, 2016 3:53 pm  #6


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

dwelsman wrote:

Nate wrote:

Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...(

Peter Kash is not the imaging voice of 93-5.    

Good luck with the radio consulting aspirations there bud!

D
 

WHAT??? You know it's not Peter Cash but you fail to share with us who it actually is?




 

 

July 5, 2016 4:32 pm  #7


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Radiowiz wrote:

dwelsman wrote:

Nate wrote:

Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...(

Peter Kash is not the imaging voice of 93-5.    

Good luck with the radio consulting aspirations there bud!

D
 

WHAT??? You know it's not Peter Cash but you fail to share with us who it actually is?




 

I'm not sure who it is, but I can tell you that this station is a lost puppy. Their "throwbacks" consist of a limited playlist with a sure sign you'll hear either Destiny's Child, Ashanti, Britney Spears or even Sugar Jones (remember them)?. It's good to hear Billie on air, would be better to bring Mad Dog and put them as the morning show. That may make them slightly more competitive as Mastermind is god awful in the morning.

Last edited by Here2day (July 5, 2016 4:35 pm)

     Thread Starter
 

July 5, 2016 6:04 pm  #8


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Here2day wrote:

I'm not sure who it is, but I can tell you that this station is a lost puppy. Their "throwbacks" consist of a limited playlist with a sure sign you'll hear either Destiny's Child, Ashanti, Britney Spears or even Sugar Jones (remember them)?. It's good to hear Billie on air, would be better to bring Mad Dog and put them as the morning show. That may make them slightly more competitive as Mastermind is god awful in the morning.

Mad Dog is employed with Bell. This is a Newcap station. If Peter Cash is not doing the voice work, I guess it's Alan Jones maybe? 

 

 

July 5, 2016 6:50 pm  #9


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Radiowiz wrote:

Here2day wrote:

I'm not sure who it is, but I can tell you that this station is a lost puppy. Their "throwbacks" consist of a limited playlist with a sure sign you'll hear either Destiny's Child, Ashanti, Britney Spears or even Sugar Jones (remember them)?. It's good to hear Billie on air, would be better to bring Mad Dog and put them as the morning show. That may make them slightly more competitive as Mastermind is god awful in the morning.

Mad Dog is employed with Bell. This is a Newcap station. If Peter Cash is not doing the voice work, I guess it's Alan Jones maybe? 

 

I realize it's a Newcap station.

     Thread Starter
 

July 6, 2016 7:03 am  #10


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

I enjoy the voice of Foster Hewitt

 

July 6, 2016 10:25 am  #11


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

 

WHAT??? You know it's not Peter Cash but you fail to share with us who it actually is?


 

His name is Mocean Melvin.  He is located in Florida.  He is also the voice of TSN (TV).  My name is Derek Welsman. I am the Imaging Director at Newcap Toronto.  Come visit me and we can talk more about my crappy work over a coffee... as long as you're buying!!

D

 

July 6, 2016 10:49 am  #12


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

I'll come but I'm not buying.

 

July 6, 2016 10:53 am  #13


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

grilled.cheese wrote:

I'll come but I'm not buying.

 

July 11, 2016 8:43 pm  #14


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

I remember seeing Billie at the Sugar Jones launch presser. She did her best to hide the 'what have I done?' face, but it was plainly clear. Pity her if she is in a minimum-wage job having to listen to the same Sugar Jones songs.

 

May 29, 2017 8:45 pm  #15


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Looks like she is no longer with the Move. Her bio has been removed from their site.

     Thread Starter
 

May 30, 2017 4:36 am  #16


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Here2day wrote:

Looks like she is no longer with the Move. Her bio has been removed from their site.

That was short lived. Must have been a one year contract maybe?

 

May 30, 2017 5:25 am  #17


Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

It looks like they "moved" her somewhere else, possibly the unemployment line.