sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2016 12:40 pm  #1

Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

Billie from "Mad Dog and Billie" has resurfaced on Toronto airwaves at CFXJ

June 21, 2016 3:56 am  #2

Re: Billie returns to Toronto airwaves

You mean 93.5   "The Move"?  Not a bad idea.... Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...

For the record, they ignored my suggestions

Last edited by Nate (June 21, 2016 3:56 am)

June 24, 2016 5:16 pm  #3

Nate wrote:

You mean 93.5   "The Move"?  Not a bad idea.... Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...

Yes, "The Move". She's not listed on their website as of yet, so I wonder what shifts she will be doing. Possibly weekend and fill up, or maybe there will be a morning show again? Who knows.

July 3, 2016 10:50 am  #4

Here2day wrote:

Nate wrote:

Yes, "The Move". She's not listed on their website as of yet, so I wonder what shifts she will be doing. Possibly weekend and fill up, or maybe there will be a morning show again? Who knows.

Looks like she's doing weekends, 10am-4pm

Last edited by ckg927 (July 3, 2016 10:51 am)

July 5, 2016 11:54 am  #5

Nate wrote:

Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...(

Peter Kash is not the imaging voice of 93-5.    

Good luck with the radio consulting aspirations there bud!

D

July 5, 2016 4:53 pm  #6

dwelsman wrote:

Nate wrote:

Though I stand by my assertion that their imaging is crap (you can't have Peter Kash both hosting *AND* being used as the station voice in the evening)...(

D

WHAT??? You know it's not Peter Cash but you fail to share with us who it actually is?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 5, 2016 5:32 pm  #7

Radiowiz wrote:

dwelsman wrote:

Nate wrote:

D

WHAT??? You know it's not Peter Cash but you fail to share with us who it actually is?

I'm not sure who it is, but I can tell you that this station is a lost puppy. Their "throwbacks" consist of a limited playlist with a sure sign you'll hear either Destiny's Child, Ashanti, Britney Spears or even Sugar Jones (remember them)?. It's good to hear Billie on air, would be better to bring Mad Dog and put them as the morning show. That may make them slightly more competitive as Mastermind is god awful in the morning.

Last edited by Here2day (July 5, 2016 5:35 pm)

July 5, 2016 7:04 pm  #8

Here2day wrote:

I'm not sure who it is, but I can tell you that this station is a lost puppy. Their "throwbacks" consist of a limited playlist with a sure sign you'll hear either Destiny's Child, Ashanti, Britney Spears or even Sugar Jones (remember them)?. It's good to hear Billie on air, would be better to bring Mad Dog and put them as the morning show. That may make them slightly more competitive as Mastermind is god awful in the morning.

Mad Dog is employed with Bell. This is a Newcap station. If Peter Cash is not doing the voice work, I guess it's Alan Jones maybe? 

July 5, 2016 7:50 pm  #9

Radiowiz wrote:

Here2day wrote:

Mad Dog is employed with Bell. This is a Newcap station. If Peter Cash is not doing the voice work, I guess it's Alan Jones maybe? 

I realize it's a Newcap station.

July 6, 2016 11:25 am  #10

His name is Mocean Melvin.  He is located in Florida.  He is also the voice of TSN (TV).  My name is Derek Welsman. I am the Imaging Director at Newcap Toronto.  Come visit me and we can talk more about my crappy work over a coffee... as long as you're buying!!

D

July 6, 2016 11:53 am  #11

grilled.cheese wrote:

I'll come but I'm not buying.

July 11, 2016 9:43 pm  #12

I remember seeing Billie at the Sugar Jones launch presser. She did her best to hide the 'what have I done?' face, but it was plainly clear. Pity her if she is in a minimum-wage job having to listen to the same Sugar Jones songs.

May 29, 2017 9:45 pm  #13

Looks like she is no longer with the Move. Her bio has been removed from their site.

May 30, 2017 5:36 am  #14

Here2day wrote:

Looks like she is no longer with the Move. Her bio has been removed from their site.

That was short lived. Must have been a one year contract maybe?