sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 10, 2021 2:45 pm  #1

Q107 Capitalizes On Pandemic Lockdown With Unusual Contest

While everyone is getting tired of the province's seemingly endless "Stay At Home" orders, I have to give kudos to Q107 for finding a way to capitalize on the biggest story of the decade and turn it into a promotional campaign. 

They're running the "Door Drop" contest, in which listeners enter on their website and hope their name is chosen. If they are the lucky one, a contingent from the station drives to their house, knocks on the door and waits. If they answer within 60 seconds, they win $10,000. If not, they move on to another entrant's home. (I'm not sure if the actual listener has to be at the door or if any family member will do.)

Imagine if you're in the bathroom when the knock happens or that's the one day you went out for groceries... The contest itself only runs until the end of May, with a total of five prize money packages being given out, so it's not like this is costing Corus a fortune. 

Anyway, I'll give them credit for turning one of the most annoying aspects of the pandemic into something a little bit positive. Hard to do during such a tragic time. Congrats to whoever came up with the idea. 

Q107 10K Door Drop

May 10, 2021 3:57 pm  #2

Re: Q107 Capitalizes On Pandemic Lockdown With Unusual Contest

I am not a listener of Q107 so I confess I have not heard the promotion but the skeptic in me wonders if the "prize" is $10k worth of windows & doors from GEM?

May 10, 2021 4:12 pm  #3

In Phase wrote:

I am not a listener of Q107 so I confess I have not heard the promotion but the skeptic in me wonders if the "prize" is $10k worth of windows & doors from GEM?

The website link has a video featuring a guy with a big novelty cheque. So I'm assuming it's a cash prize.

May 10, 2021 4:30 pm  #4

It's cash.

May 10, 2021 4:37 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

In Phase wrote:

The website link has a video featuring a guy with a big novelty cheque. So I'm assuming it's a cash prize.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

May 10, 2021 8:40 pm  #6

grilled.cheese wrote:

Is someone from q107 allowed to knock on someones door? It contravenes the stay at home order.

Policing is an essential service.

May 11, 2021 9:41 am  #7

Actually put Q107 on in the car the other day. Heard a "promo" with a woman saying something to the effect "why does my husband fart so much!"  Who are they catering to...15 year old boys? Grow up !

May 11, 2021 10:48 am  #8

fyshtalk wrote:

Actually put Q107 on in the car the other day. Heard a "promo" with a woman saying something to the effect "why does my husband fart so much!"  Who are they catering to...15 year old boys? Grow up !

It's left over from the Jesse & Gene days. Some things just never change. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

May 12, 2021 9:31 am  #9

Sorry, but I like a litle " Class" in my Classic Rock !