sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2021 7:51 pm  #1

A Lesson & A Warning For On-Air DJs Everywhere

Check out this picture from Twitter.

That's a guy named Mason Schreader, who last week went out and had the name of the St. Louis station, where he's the morning man, tattooed on his arm. He proudly displayed it to his audience on the web. 

On Friday, the station fired him. 

The moral of the story: if you're going to get the call letters of the place where you work etched permanently into your skin, at least put it somewhere where it doesn't show, so you can hide it if you get canned. 

Another great "only in radio" type story. 

April 30, 2021 7:55 pm  #2

Re: A Lesson & A Warning For On-Air DJs Everywhere

This kind of reminds me of the guy who quit his radio job, packed up his van and all his possessions and drove cross country from B.C. to Ottawa to work at CKO, the old all news network. After a marathon drive, he pulled into the Nation's Capital. only to hear the noon newscaster announce that the entire network was going off the air, effective immediately. 

Well, at least that guy didn't have a tattoo!

April 30, 2021 10:29 pm  #3

There is hope for this guy with a bit of maneuvering. Change the I  to an R (easily done), leave the L, and add S-FM at the end. Voila, you have WRLS-FM at 92.3 in Hayward, WI. Then get a job at that station.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRLS-FM

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

May 3, 2021 5:11 pm  #4

That photo appeared on the I Love AM Radio site that RA  mentioned in another thread. One of the members commented "He left plenty more space for additional stations that will can him"