sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 15, 2021 5:41 pm  #1

CRTC Opens The Door a Little for Small Wireless Carriers

April 16, 2021 8:56 am  #2

Re: CRTC Opens The Door a Little for Small Wireless Carriers

Wow! The Canadian average is $206/mo. for those with 10GB+ I only pay $75 for 10GB plus unlimited call/text in Canada with Rogers. 

April 16, 2021 9:19 am  #3

mace wrote:

Wow! The Canadian average is $206/mo. for those with 10GB+ I only pay $75 for 10GB plus unlimited call/text in Canada with Rogers. 

Agreed. I have that same plan with Rogers.
For a short time I'm getting a bonus $25 off because I agreed to get a new phone. 
It helps take the sting off of the $100/month new phone fee, which is now $75. 

$150/month (corrected below) for phone and service (until phone is paid off) is still a lot less than $206.

Good to know I'm paying a lot less than the average. 

*correction: Just checked my bill. They gave me $25 off Rogers service and $16 off the phone plan. 
Total = $41 savings, not $25, so I'm still happy.
Total = $134/month for being a Rogers customer with a current 2021 Samsung phone.

*Rogers Phone plan is called Edge financing.

Last edited by Radiowiz (April 16, 2021 10:00 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 16, 2021 9:36 am  #4

We own our phones, buy them direct from Google.  Our Rogers bill for both is $140 which includes a $5 add on for international texting and reduced LD rates on one phone.  35GB of data at full speed before it gets throttled.  Can't complain.

April 16, 2021 8:14 pm  #5

Radiowiz: That's not bad for an up to date Samsung phone. I am currently using a Galaxy 8 and it still meets my needs. I probably won't get a new phone until most of the apps stop doing security updates.