sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2021 3:14 am  #1

Driving Around Niagara

I think I remember there being a thread here regarding the late night TV drives through Toronto and how relaxing and special they were. And I agree. 

But now there is something equally special and relaxing. I don't know if they are showing every night nor what time they start or finish. I have been watching for well over an hour. 

It is beautiful and so peaceful. Looks like drone footage but I have yet to see a shadow. Smooth as silk. Compliments to the producers. 

I am watching on TVO, which for me is channel 19-1. it is now 3:09 AM and its rolling along beautifully.

It is called Tripping The Niagara. A way to relax and get ready for sweet dreams....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/tripping-the-niagara-hawk-1.5969508

April 3, 2021 4:43 am  #2

Re: Driving Around Niagara

Now available on the TVO Docs YouTube channel:

Last edited by Radiowiz (April 3, 2021 4:49 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 3, 2021 7:00 am  #3

Produced by Mitch Azaria who also did Tripping the Rideau and according to an interview on Newstalk 1010 also did the fireplace channel with Bob Marcowitz (pardon the spelling)

April 6, 2021 7:40 pm  #4

Thank you for this David.  Absolutely mesmerizing.

April 7, 2021 10:24 am  #5

The perfect day trip.  Niagara is beautiful, varied geography and historical.  Even Niagara Falls ON (the poor man's Vegas) with all of it's cheesy and tacky parts is very cool, beautiful and interesting.  And hey, for those that seem to live for Buffalo radio can get your fill! 

April 7, 2021 10:50 am  #6

Time for them to head to Georgian Bay and the Bruce Peninsula 

April 12, 2021 8:14 am  #7

Tripping the Niagara has been picked up by Globe 'n Mail (pg. A13 today) columnist John Doyle as "breathtaking . . . engaging . . . spellbinding . . . the ideal, trippy, soothing experience".     

Glaringly missing in his review is acknowledgement that the show was highly rated by SOWNY's critics over a week ago.