sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2021 2:58 pm  #31

Re: The next host of Jeopardy is?

Scorpio42 wrote:

MJ Vancouver wrote:

I’ve been watching Jeopardy on Netflix. They have a bunch of episodes from 2017 up right now. I’ve been watching those instead of Dr. Oz this week.

I've been watching Dr. Oz's guest host episodes this week and he seems alright but may not be fit for a permanent Jeopardy! host. As for Netflix carrying Jeopardy! episodes from from 2017 which wasn't too long ago, too bad they (Netflix) doesn't have any Jeopardy! episodes from the start in 1984, including pilot episodes and the Art Fleming era which would be awesome to have! I found a few J! Alex Trebek full episodes online from the start on YouTube and other sites, unfortunately some of the Fleming episodes may be permanently gone.

From my understanding virtually all of the Fleming era episodes are gone, with a couple of exceptions that are on YouTube.

It was due to NBC’s practice back then of erasing and re-using tapes. Videotape was very, very expensive back then.

April 2, 2021 10:12 pm  #32

MJ Vancouver wrote:

Scorpio42 wrote:

MJ Vancouver wrote:

I’ve been watching Jeopardy on Netflix. They have a bunch of episodes from 2017 up right now. I’ve been watching those instead of Dr. Oz this week.

I've been watching Dr. Oz's guest host episodes this week and he seems alright but may not be fit for a permanent Jeopardy! host. As for Netflix carrying Jeopardy! episodes from from 2017 which wasn't too long ago, too bad they (Netflix) doesn't have any Jeopardy! episodes from the start in 1984, including pilot episodes and the Art Fleming era which would be awesome to have! I found a few J! Alex Trebek full episodes online from the start on YouTube and other sites, unfortunately some of the Fleming episodes may be permanently gone.

From my understanding virtually all of the Fleming era episodes are gone, with a couple of exceptions that are on YouTube.

It was due to NBC’s practice back then of erasing and re-using tapes. Videotape was very, very expensive back then.

Actually, there are at least fourteen Art Fleming episodes that still exist. A copy of the pilot episode is held at the Paley Centre For Media. The UCLA Film & Television Archives has three episodes from early 1967, five episodes from Mar/Apr 1971 and five episodes from Mar/Apr 1973. I found an Aug 1968 episode on youtube and I believe the series finale from Jan 3, 1975 can be found also.

April 2, 2021 10:20 pm  #33

As for last week, Channel 4 and Yes TV were showing old episodes with Trebeck at 7:30 on Saturday night.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

April 2, 2021 11:10 pm  #34

For quick glance reference without having to search for a link:

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 7, 2021 2:21 pm  #35

Stephen Colbert on Twitter today " I think Levar Burton should host Jeopardy! As Geordi LaForge. And the buzzers should be phasers. And Data should be the judge and it should be in space. And just be Star Trek."

Sounds good to me. Though Newstalk 1010's whip smart and funny Robert Turner and others would definitely prefer characters from that other franchise, Star Bores.

April 18, 2021 8:41 am  #36

They finished with an NFL star and are now looking at a great baseball announcer to give the questions - er, the answers.

Joe Buck to join list of Jeopardy guest hosts

April 21, 2021 3:04 pm  #37

July 25, 2022 9:17 pm  #38

So after all the strum und drang about who the new permanent Jeopardy host will be, the producers have decided not to decide. Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings will continue to alternate as hosts for next season, the game show's 39th. I've kind of lost interest in the quizzer over the years, but the host mystery rekindled my interest a bit. 

They should just choose one or the other and get on with it. What is "Make up your mind, Alex?"

‘Jeopardy’: Mayim Bialik & Ken Jennings Poised To Continue As Hosts Of Syndicated Game Show

July 26, 2022 7:45 am  #39

When Mayim is there she is introduced as "the host of Jeopardy" and when Ken is there he is introduced as "hosting Jeopardy" a small distinction which to me implies she's the host and he's just filling in when she's away. 

While I don't dislike Mayim, for me Ken is the far better host for this show, especially when he adds comments based on his experience as a contestant. 

July 26, 2022 5:19 pm  #40

Of those two, I prefer Mayim. But does she really want to do it? I know the schedule isn't that bad, but with her sitcom and podcast, along with raising her kids, she may not be interested long term.