sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2021 5:09 pm  #1

Sauga 960 continues to add to it's pretty solid programming

Sauga 960 adds a new show for sports enthusiasts...North Pole Hoops airs starting April 10th. This show augments their play-by-play of the Raptors 905 games and the show focuses on Canada's Amateur Basketball scene.

This country has been putting out some fabulous ballers over the past few years and for those who follow the sport closely, can probably get an up close look at Canada's future stars.

It is hosted by Jason Thom who is on the Raptor's 905 broadcasts and drops in on the morning show with Richards and Bastl too!

Here is more on the story!

https://northpolehoops.com/2021/03/25/north-pole-hoops-announces-radio-podcast-partnership-with-sauga-960am/

I had my doubts about this station too a few years ago, but not any more, they are very niched in their offering and yet their broad range of shows offer some cool listening alternatives.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 26, 2021 5:17 pm  #2

Re: Sauga 960 continues to add to it's pretty solid programming

Are they showing up in the ratings at all? Is it all pay-for-play programming or do they have to pay their talent?

March 26, 2021 5:24 pm  #3

They don't (and shouldn't) subscribe to Numeris, but they are using another company that audits your streaming traffic and tries to extrapolate from there.

Last edited by RadioAaron (March 26, 2021 5:25 pm)

March 26, 2021 10:24 pm  #4

I'm new to this board. I'm trying to post an image in this thread. I click on the upload button and drag an image into the box. But when I try to upload it it doesn't show up in my post. What am I doing wrong?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

March 27, 2021 3:06 pm  #5

I wouldn’t get too attached. Didn’t Roundhouse Radio in Vancouver assemble an impressive lineup only to go bankrupt?  You need listeners and advertising to make it all work.

March 29, 2021 9:17 pm  #6

turkeytop wrote:

I'm new to this board. I'm trying to post an image in this thread. I click on the upload button and drag an image into the box. But when I try to upload it it doesn't show up in my post. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry TT. I've been offline for a few days and just saw this now. The best explanation I've found for how to do what you want can be found on the Oldies Board, another Boardhost site, which works exactly the same as this one. 

Here's the link:

https://oldies.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=2144#p2144

It sounds like you have the pic on your local machine, so you'll want to follow Scenario 2. Any problems, let me know. (And please be aware - you aren't the only one who's had this issue!) 

March 29, 2021 10:21 pm  #7

I've only listened to the station once, back in the summer of 2018 while they were testing. London is well outside their predicted coverage area. Their signal was weak but listenable. I sent them a reception report by e mail. They acknowledged my report and thanked me.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.