sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2021 12:45 pm  #2

Re: Theatre of the mind

CHIN AM runs old radio shows beginning at midnight.  While working at the computer I listen to it online.  It offers some sci-fi shows but mostly Dragnet, Our Miss Brooks and Johnny Dollar.

March 27, 2021 1:39 pm  #3

CBC Listen has been experimenting with bringing back radio drama after CBC Radio closed its drama department a few years ago. There's still no drama on the CBC Radio schedule (a shame, it would be another thing CBC Radio could do that private radio isn't (and won't be) doing and would help attract new audiences to CBC- but apparently the podcasts have been doing quite well.
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/cbc-podcasts/211-playme

March 27, 2021 1:59 pm  #4

BBC Radio 4 Extra is still devoted to airing comedy and drama.  It can be accessed online. I still enjoy turning out the
lights and listening to horror and sci-fi  audio drama by streaming from archive.org.  I like the classics such as
Suspense and the Mysterious Traveller as well as some more modern series such as the BBC’s Fear on Four, 
Vincent Price in the Price of Fear and CBC Radio’s outstanding series Nightfall.  Also Ray Bradbury’s Tales of the
Bizarre.  The images in your head can be more terrifying than on a screen