sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2021 5:25 pm  #1

CRN: MyFM Is Selling Four Of Its Stations

According to Canadian Radio News, just a few days after acquiring a station Perth Lake, Ont., MyFM is selling off four of its own existing properties. The outlets in Milton, Orangeville, Alliston and Kincardine will now have new owners. No word on any format changes. 

Canadian Radio News on Facebook has more details.

March 1, 2021 6:14 pm  #2

Re: CRN: MyFM Is Selling Four Of Its Stations

RadioActive wrote:

According to Canadian Radio News, just a few days after acquiring a station Perth Lake, Ont., MyFM is selling off four of its own existing properties. The outlets in Milton, Orangeville, Alliston and Kincardine will now have new owners. No word on any format changes. 

Canadian Radio News on Facebook has more details.

At first I was afraid they were sold to a big company like Corus or Rogers, but looks like they've been sold to smaller players. The Kincardine station is being sold to the company that owns CKXS Wallaceburg and the new station in Listowel that just went on the air in September 2020.

Last edited by MJ Vancouver (March 1, 2021 6:15 pm)

March 1, 2021 7:39 pm  #3

Is Evanov group now laughing, saying (to MyFM)
"See? Told you the Orangeville market is not good to hold onto..."

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 1, 2021 9:44 pm  #4

The Orangeville myFM is quite successful.  The release suggests this is part of bigger moves.

March 2, 2021 12:56 pm  #5

This will be the third owner for the Kincardine station. I don't know who initially started it, the MyFM bought it, and now it's changing hands again.

March 2, 2021 4:36 pm  #6

Initially, Brian Cooper and Danny McCarthy as majority owners and Chris Grossman with an interest.

Last edited by Bristol (March 2, 2021 4:37 pm)

March 2, 2021 4:58 pm  #7

grilled.cheese wrote:

Folks up this way love the local myFM station.  They play all the latest hit's from the 80's.  It's not uncommon to walk around town on a Tuesday afternoon, with myFM blasting out AC/DC while people drink in their garages, enjoying the local content. 

I did some work about 10 years ago in Exeter, which has a myFM station - and I recall there was a speaker on a lamppost on Main Street downtown that was blasting the local myFM.

My favourite thing about Exeter was the white squirrels.

Last edited by MJ Vancouver (March 2, 2021 5:00 pm)