sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2021 11:56 pm  #1

Mike's Major Milestone

He's a respected presence on Twitter, has multiple shows on the go, and a production studio and setup that has nimbly adapted to the challenge of working through covid.

This week, today in fact, Toronto Mike's podcast has reached episode 800 with TSN's Rod Black as his guest. Eight. Hundred. Considering it's a stand alone, independent podcast, as opposed to a podcast reroll of a daily radio show, that's a terrific milestone. Not sure how many other podcasts have racked up so many, except perhaps Humble and Fred's.

I've enjoyed more than a few Toronto Mike episodes myself, (the Stafford ones in particular) and thought it's an accomplishment worth noting here on the big yellow board.

Congratulations Mike.🍻 We all know what brand of beer this would be in real life. 😁🎙️🎧

Last edited by betaylored (February 16, 2021 11:58 pm)

February 17, 2021 12:10 am  #2

Re: Mike's Major Milestone

Wow. Didn't realize it had been that many.

Admittedly, I have only listened to a tiny percentage of those, but he seems to have a way to get his guests to open up and be the star the episode. My first listen was Scott Macarthur, and it was quite powerful.

Great job, Mike.

February 17, 2021 12:40 am  #3

Congrats Toronto Mike! It seems as though #500 was just a few weeks ago.

I have about 790+ episodes to make up but the ones I've heard have been very good. Here's to many more!

February 17, 2021 1:35 am  #4

If I may - Mike's Podcasts have reached that impressive number because he is very good at what he does. A very fine Q & A guy. Knows what he's talking about and does it professionally.  

Congratulations Toronto Mike. We patiently await number 1000.

February 17, 2021 9:25 am  #5

You are all very kind.

A good spot for cherry picking an episode (or two) is this handy page.

But don't skip the John Donabie ep, or the Keith Hampshire, or the Doug Thompson 1050 retrospective, or the two Stafford gems... enjoy!