sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2021 2:46 pm  #1

Numeris II

Last year I received one of those radio diaries which I dutifully filled out and sent back. I enjoyed it although I doubt my two cents worth changed anything ratings wise. Today in my mailbox was a giant envelope from Numeris. Another ratings diary?? No. They sent me a "Product & Service" questionnaire. SEVENTY ONE PAGES!! At least they included a $5 bill for my trouble.

January 18, 2021 3:27 pm  #2

Re: Numeris II

mace wrote:

They sent me a "Product & Service" questionnaire. SEVENTY ONE PAGES!! At least they included a $5 bill for my trouble.

You might want to check over your shoulder . . . Artificial Intelligence has apparently determined you're one of the nicer SOWNY posters and so they are fishing for "nice" feedback -- $5 worth

geo

January 18, 2021 4:02 pm  #3

Over the past 4 years I have completed two Numeris surveys.  The first for TV, which I didn't enjoy doing since it included a lot of product consumer questions as well.  However the product questions were separate from the TV portion so I didn't really have to do it, but I did.   The TV survey by itself was fairly time consuming if you chose to be serious and do it correctly.  Also the diary method is old school.

Last year I completed the radio survey on line and rather enjoyed the experience.  Easy to do, quick and the only real work was in the car to remember and jot down the time and what station I was listening to.  All the other listening was at home so no issues there. Radio I certainly would take part again, TV probably not.

But I did make it clear on both occasions that I would only do the survey if I wasn't targeted for other surveys from either Numeris or other affiliated rating/consumer companies.  Numeris does more than just broadcast surveys.  I was assured by them that I wouldn't be and I haven't seen any increase of calls from these organizations.  I had always received about 4 or 5 calls per year normally from IPSOS, Leger, Nano, various political parties etc. and this is still the same.

January 18, 2021 4:34 pm  #4

An extremely detailed questionnaire. In addition to my listening/viewing/reading/internet consumption activities, they also wanted to know about my shopping/eating/drinking/leisure time.

January 20, 2021 1:29 pm  #5

My wife received one of these yesterday. It's a thick booklet and took her at least an hour to complete. No wonder they put a five dollar bill in it.

The survey asks extensive questions about what restaurants you have patronized as well as movies, concerts and live events. It also asks about what stores you have shopped at, travel, out of country vacations etc. Most of the questions pertain to the last year and sometimes the last month. Given the widespread lock downs / restrictions that have been on and off for the last ten months, my wife's answers were very different than they would have been if we were in 'normal' times. For example, we would have eaten at many more restaurants, traveled and shopped much more if covid was not around. Perhaps this is what they are attempting to measure?

There were also a lot of questions with respect to radio. One that stuck me as odd was how many hours / minutes do you listen to radio between 01:00 and 0:500. Unless you are a night hawk or work the night shift most people are sleeping. Then they ask how many hours / minutes do you listen to radio from 0:500 to 01:00. She and I re-read the questions several times to be clear about the time they were asking about and not confusing the time windows.

She earned the $5