sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2020 10:30 pm  #1

Ken Jennings "Temporary" Jeopardy Host To Succeed Alex Trebek

This shouldn't come as a surprise to many - except perhaps that it's not yet permanent. Ken Jennings, one of Jeopardy's all time champions, will be temporarily taking over for Alex Trebek on Jan. 11, after the longtime host died of pancreatic cancer earlier this month.

There's apparently others who will stand at the podium, in what I suppose may be a series of on-air auditions to see who best fits. 

The last Trebek episode will air on Christmas Day, followed by what producers say are the 10 best Alex episodes - whatever that means. 

Jeopardy!: Ken Jennings to Succeed the Late Alex Trebek as First 'Guest Host'

January 6, 2021 4:59 pm  #2

Re: Ken Jennings "Temporary" Jeopardy Host To Succeed Alex Trebek

Katie Couric is now being touted as a possible "temporary" guest host. 

Eventually, they're going to have to name someone as a permanent replacement. 

By the way, this is also the last week for the Trebek filmed shows. His final appearance will be aired this Friday night.

Jeopardy! Taps Katie Couric as Latest Interim Guest Host 

January 6, 2021 5:24 pm  #3

With Ken Jennings Twitter history, his tenure on "Master Minds" on the Game Show Network, in my humble opinion, he will remain as a temporary host.  

I would like to see LeVar Burton, Brooke Burns, or Neil Patrick Harris audition. 

never worked ever, in radio

February 2, 2021 9:47 pm  #4

If anyone still cares about this, the show has announced another set of "guest hosts:" CNN's Anderson Cooper (who was also a contestant on Celebrity Jeopardy), Dr. Sanjay Gupta, another CNN staffer, Dr. Mehmet Oz and NBC's Savannah Guthrie.

Jeopardy!: Anderson Cooper, Dr. Oz Among Latest Crop of Guest Hosts

February 2, 2021 10:24 pm  #5

If the producers decided that only a Canadian can succeed Alex Trebek who would be your choice? 

February 3, 2021 6:05 pm  #6

Hansa wrote:

If the producers decided that only a Canadian can succeed Alex Trebek who would be your choice? 

Frank D'Angelo.

I jest.

February 3, 2021 6:19 pm  #7

RadioActive wrote:

If anyone still cares about this, the show has announced another set of "guest hosts:" CNN's Anderson Cooper (who was also a contestant on Celebrity Jeopardy), Dr. Sanjay Gupta, another CNN staffer, Dr. Mehmet Oz and NBC's Savannah Guthrie.

Jeopardy!: Anderson Cooper, Dr. Oz Among Latest Crop of Guest Hosts

Dr Oz is a quack.  There is no reason to have him as a guest host.  I really hope this guest host thing is over by the fall.  I like Jeopardy and would like to seee a permanent host sooner than later.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

February 3, 2021 6:21 pm  #8

Hansa wrote:

Ralph Benmergui

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio.